Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Spinner

Hi Guys

I've been looking up methods on Hand Forming dough and came across this nifty piece of equipment to spin pizza dough without actually using your hands.

SPZ40 Pizza Spreader

I couldn't find any reviews about the machine and whether it can actually be compared and equated to that of hand forming/tossing/spinning method.

Has anyone had experience or heard of the pros and cons of such a machine. I'm so curious to know whether it produces the same delicate, tender crust as a hand tossed pie.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys out there.
    Thanks
    Regards
    OM

Re: Pizza Spinner

Now, why would you want to go and get that? Think of all of the dough you could buy, from the dough you save, from not buy that. Just another cookie cutter.

Comment

It would be great if you ran a high-volume pizza restaurant with a shortage of skilled workers (Pizza Hut, Shakey's, Papa Johns, etc).

Home use? Huge waste. You're better off spending the money on a small commercial dough mixer.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

The video came up as "Private" would have been interested to see it work. Univex is a very good brand of commercial baking products. But I'll bet the price is huge...like in the thousands not hundreds. Yup... just looked it up $5,511 on amazon. Talk about driving up the cost of a pizza.

Learn to hand toss, it's not difficult. They even make practice dough that you can spin around and drop on the floor until you get the hang of it.

Comment

I wonder how I have lived so long without one of those?
          Lee B.
          DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I know, I know (hand raised, shaking and shanking), call on me teacher, please.
            Lburou: Ok, ok, Laurentius. Why?
            Laurentius (big, smile) Your Wife!

Comment

Hi Guys
              It took a lot of courage to start this thread because I know nothing has been developed yet to com close to the hand forming method

I have to agree - the $5000+ price tag is quite hefty for home use but for interest sake I'd like to see a write up comparing the hand forming method against this machine, the sheet roller and the press.

Maybe 1 day I may have my own pizzeria who knows then I would be interested in something like this.

Comment

No worries, Oven Man! We're just having fun.
                If you asked about one of these, you might have been kicked off the forum!

Ken H. - Kentucky
                42" Pompeii

Comment

Yes Oven Man...we are not picking on you just having fun with the equipment and gadgets available.

Now Ken....OMG what can I say...YUCK... I just did up a nice dinner of crapes and I must say when your picture came up it made my stomach flip. I can just taste the culinary delight that would come from that machine.

"Wonder pizza", is that because you wonder if what comes out is even pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                    Yes Oven Man...we are not picking on you just having fun with the equipment and gadgets available.

Now Ken....OMG what can I say...YUCK... I just did up a nice dinner of crapes and I must say when your picture came up it made my stomach flip. I can just taste the culinary delight that would come from that machine.

"Wonder pizza", is that because you wonder if what comes out is even pizza?
                    Faith, Did you do the crapes in the oven?

Ken, where in this world did you get that pic? Or was it from Pluto?
                    Build Thread:http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...ome-15521.html
                    Photos: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brick-...67884/pic/list
                    Oven Blog: http://johns-brickoven.blogspot.com/...ven-folly.html

Comment

Aegis, No I did not do them in the oven but there is no reason that I couldn't. I use a cast iron pan to make the crapes so I could use the oven to heat the pan then pull it out in the entry and spread the batter. Would have been just as easy if I had my oven hot.

Southbury... Mom use to live in Southbury and I have gobs of family all around there. How cool!
                      Last edited by Faith In Virginia; 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                        Ken, where in this world did you get that pic? Or was it from Pluto?
                        WONDERPIZZAUSA - The Company

From the website:
                        Wonder Pizza of Italy will place America 's most popular food source in places never before available.
                        The innovative machine holds, cooks and serves 9? whole pizza pies in just 2 minutes. There are 3 different pizzas available in each machine at one time. Delicious Connie?s Pizza of Chicago is featured in all WonderPizza Kiosks. 5 years and 6 million dollars of R&D went into this design and subsequent manufacture of WONDERPIZZA of Italy and the product is now beginning worldwide distribution.

WONDERPIZZA of Italy will place America's most popular food source in places heretofore unavailable.

It is an appealing, convenient, hot, nutritious, tasty pizza delivered in approximately two minutes.
                        it sounds just yummy!
                        Ken H. - Kentucky
                        42" Pompeii

Comment

Hey guys, is a crape something like a cr?pe?

Bests,
                          Wiley

Comment

cr?pe why that is correct. Thanks for pointing out my spelling error. I know I really suck at spelling. Being dyslexic does not help my spelling nor does my age. Now that I have the correct spelling of cr?pe burnt in my brain once I go to bed and sleep my brain does a hard reset and I will spell it crape again tomorrow. But the bright side is I have many other skills such as cooking and building and everything under the sun....I'm extremely handy...but I just cant spell. So please just bear...bair...beer...with me and use your best guess as to what my attempted word is.

Thanks,
                            Faith

Comment

Hi Faith,

To your rescue: Dictionary defines: Crape-noun archaic spelling of crepe,
                              so for a person of your vintage and twist of mental gymnastics, you were right after all, so when you awake in the morning, either spelling will do. Yes, I will have a bier with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X