First pizzas from my Fuera Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First pizzas from my Fuera Pizza Oven

Really happy with the outcomes from my first pizza cook in the Fuera oven.

The first few pizzas were the best - And they went fast. (too fast for pics - which is a pity as they were the best looking of the pies.).

Crust on the bottom was really nice and thin yet crisp but not burnt.

I actually ran out of sauce for the bottom pizza (so Im not that stingy normally).

I used "el cheapo copy Mozzarella" on the top one (as popper Mozzarella is hugely expensive down here 1kg cheapo = $10. 125 gms of real Mozz $14).

I was pretty happy with the results - it browned slightly in a speckle, and Im ok with serving that up to guest. (I will save the real stuff for me and the wife)

pizzas by kiwitank, on Flickr

Re: First pizzas from my Fuera Pizza Oven

Tank,

You're suppose to serve the good stuff to your guest, not keep it for your self. When I visit I'll bring my own topping, since I've been warned.

Comment

You may want to consider making your own fresh mozzarella from milk, it is not that difficult to do and can be Salted or controlled as to moisture content and density quite easily. Besides how much more fresh can you get it if you make it yourself.

4 liters of milk yields about .5 kg cheese.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
        You may want to consider making your own fresh mozzarella from milk, it is not that difficult to do and can be Salted or controlled as to moisture content and density quite easily. Besides how much more fresh can you get it if you make it yourself.

4 liters of milk yields about .5 kg cheese.

Chip
        Could you post the recipe and method here please?
        Regards,

Bruno

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...hen-18538.html

Comment

Originally posted by brung99 View Post
          Could you post the recipe and method here please?
          Here is a fairly well documented recipe.

Making Fresh Mozzarella! | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

I like to add a scant .5 tsp salt to 8 oz curd and use the microwave to heat it prior to stretching. I also make up about 6 - 8 gallons of milk into curd and freeze the curd into 8 Oz blocks - ziplock bags. Then when we want fresh mozz. I pull out a single bag defrost. It on the counter wrapped in paper towel to remove extra moisture and then use the microwave method to turn it into cheese.

Chip
          Chip

Comment

Thanks for the link & the tip, Chips.
            Regards,

Bruno

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...hen-18538.html

Comment

Originally posted by brung99 View Post
              Thanks for the link & the tip, Chips.
              One other thing.

After heating and stretching place on a piece of stretch wrap and fold up the corners and then twist into a ball. Place in fridge for about an hour and you will have a nice piece of cheese.

The size of the pieces you wrap up can vary in size and shape but direct to stretch wrap works great. As opposed to the cold salt water bath

Chip
              Chip

Comment

Working...
              X