Dough storage containers - freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dough storage containers - freezing

I saw a few older threads mentioning the use of deli containers for freezing. Are folks using these for 200g or so balls??

Amazon.com: 50 Sets 16oz Plastic Soup / Food Containers with Lids: Kitchen & Dining

They look like a cheaper option than glad ware or ziplock storage containers....

Re: Dough storage containers - freezing

Nice. Those should work just fine.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

I purchased several different but similar canisters for individual dough proofing/storage but most were so tight fitting that they were almost impossible to separate without forcing a skewer or knife between them. Ikea has these available in pack of 4, they stack well, don't stick together, easily washed (and wiped), .5 litre or 17 oz capacity and I find them ideal.

Cheers.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

I use the same IKEA containers as Neil. They work great, and are super cheap!
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I just bought a bunch of 16 oz screw-top containers, which I'm fond of. Amazon is selling a 2-pack of 3-packs of the Zip-Lock brand for about $5. Not as cheap as those deli containers, but not bad. The screw-top is nice--keeps the lids from exploding off from the CO2 build-up of the dough.

And to answer your other question, I put 230g dough balls in them with no problems. When I used to make ~300g dough balls, those would get too large for the 16oz box.
          Last edited by rsandler; 05-13-2013, 11:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to answer second question.
          My build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...-dc-18213.html

Comment

that is a good price for those. I am doing 225-250g balls so 16oz should be fine.

I am also thinking of trying to freeze my balls in my dough trays and then dropping the frozen balls into bags.....my dough trays will drop right into my deep freezer...hmm....My plan is to keep 20-30 balls in the freezer at all times and just keep rotating them out.

Originally posted by rsandler View Post
            I just bought a bunch of 16 oz screw-top containers, which I'm fond of. Amazon is selling a 2-pack of 3-packs of the Zip-Lock brand for about $5. Not as cheap as those deli containers, but not bad. The screw-top is nice--keeps the lids from exploding off from the CO2 build-up of the dough.

And to answer your other question, I put 230g dough balls in them with no problems. When I used to make ~300g dough balls, those would get too large for the 16oz box.

Comment

Working...
            X