Mixing/making new dough with existing dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing/making new dough with existing dough

I got 3 fist sized dough balls from a pizza shop near by. Ive been told since the dough has yeast u can mix that with a new batch of dough? So how much flour and ingredience do i mix with the already made dough to get more dough? Also they say you can keep a small piece in the fridge and always use it everytime you want to make new dough? Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Re: Mixing/making new dough with existing dough

Make your own dough its dead easy and you can make it to suit your taste.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
      I got 3 fist sized dough balls from a pizza shop near by. Ive been told since the dough has yeast u can mix that with a new batch of dough? So how much flour and ingredience do i mix with the already made dough to get more dough? Also they say you can keep a small piece in the fridge and always use it everytime you want to make new dough? Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      The technique of using old dough is similar to using a sourdough starter but if you get into that you might want to pick up Chad Robertsons book on Tartane Bread.

If you want a sourdough starter KA sells them and any baker in your area would have one ( they may not be interested in parting with it though)

I find that a 48 hour cold ferment of the pizza dough from good old ADY does the trick.

Add the following in order

700 g 80F. Degree water
      1.5 tsp ADY
      Mix with a fork
      Let sit for 20 minutes
      Add
      800 g bread flour
      200 g AP flour
      Mix for 2 min in kitchenaid mixer and let sit 10 minutes
      Add
      2 tsp salt
      2 tbs EVOO
      Mix for 6 minutes
      Bench rest for 20 minutes covered.

Place in fridge covered for up to 3 days

Remove from fridge the morning of pizza
      Shape into preferred ball size.

Place each ball in lightly oiled air tight container or place each in own oiled plastic bag or tub.

Remove from fridge 2 hours before use.

That is it.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Brickie, i will im just trying things out.

Chip thanks for the tips that was great. Doing this would get me sourdough? Or you were saying its similar.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
          Brickie, i will im just trying things out.

Chip thanks for the tips that was great. Doing this would get me sourdough? Or you were saying its similar.

Thanks again
          Above recipe is not sourdough per say but it will give you a nice flavorful dough.

If you were to get a sourdough starter get it active by feeding it a couple of times and replace 100 g water and 100 g flour with 200 g starter, and then only use .5 tsp of ADY in your mix.

I like pizza dough to be less than the sour of a San Francisco sour dough, mine here in minneapolis is quite sweet so it does not overpower the pizza but you be the judge of the flavor you want.

Chip
          Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
            Above recipe is not sourdough per say but it will give you a nice flavorful dough.

If you were to get a sourdough starter get it active by feeding it a couple of times and replace 100 g water and 100 g flour with 200 g starter, and then only use .5 tsp of ADY in your mix.

I like pizza dough to be less than the sour of a San Francisco sour dough, mine here in minneapolis is quite sweet so it does not overpower the pizza but you be the judge of the flavor you want.

Chip

I will try that thank you Chip

Comment

Working...
            X