grain free pizza dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grain free pizza dough

My sister in law doesn't eat any 'grains', and I have searched for a pizza crust to use instead of traditional dough. Not just gluten free but without any grains. I came across one using food processed cauliflauer, eggs as a binder.

Does anyone have any good recipes or websites to visit for alternative crust new ideas?

Re: grain free pizza dough

Have you ever made Socca (aka Cecinata)? It's made with chickpea flour. It's kind of crust like and really quite delicious. You make it in a cast iron skillet in your oven. You can use pizza toppings on it. I've only done it once, but I am eagerly anticipating the next time! Red Mill makes a chickpea flour. You can find it in many grocery stores or Whole foods if you have to...

Socca Recipe | David Lebovitz

BTW - cauliflower and eggs sounds like a quiche...
    Last edited by deejayoh; 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Wow, that does sound yummy. It seems like it stays pretty thin? Will the toppings soak through?

here is a link to the cauliflower crust.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe | Vintage Mixer

Comment

I think it would work best to cook it, then put the toppings on and put it back into the oven. Maybe just dome it.
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Originally posted by fabby View Post
          My sister in law doesn't eat any 'grains', and I have searched for a pizza crust to use instead of traditional dough. Not just gluten free but without any grains. I came across one using food processed cauliflauer, eggs as a binder.

Does anyone have any good recipes or websites to visit for alternative crust new ideas?
          Not sure if this would fit her needs bit my daughter has celiac disease (gluten), and she had a gluten free pizza in Chicago that the dough layer was a thin slab of sausage, extremely high in fat and calories but she said it was very good.

Chip
          Chip

Comment

I tried the cauliflower pizza crust recipe for my sister in law and it was actually delicious. Great flavor and held up well to the WFO. The only changes, I had to let it precoak a little longer in the kitchen oven to get it to brown, (probably had to much moisture in the cauliflower, even though I wrung it out until my arms hurt). I then transfered the crust to a pizza pan before adding the toppings. When in the WFO, the thing cooked up nicely in under two minutes.

Definitely a keeper recipe.

Comment

Fabby thanks for asking that, trying it and posting a result.

Will have to try it for one of my diet restricted family
              Cheers
              Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Working...
              X