Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Pizza, 1st Pizza party & its going to be a big one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Pizza, 1st Pizza party & its going to be a big one...

I like Cento as well, but the Classico/6-1 are at least three notches above them. I can get the 6-1 at Restaurant Depot, but they are in #10 cans and that is a lot of sauce.

Comment

I'll have to taste it to believe that...but I'm not brand loyal, I'll try pretty much anything. I'm talking about the Cento San Marzano btw.
      Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
      John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
        And just as an FYI, the Classico tomatoes sold by Walmart are in actuality Stanislaus 6-1 tomatoes and they are arguably the best there is for uncooked pizza sauce. Oh and they are on sale for a buck a 28oz can.

I have tried every brand available from 5 buck a can DOP San Marzanos to all the national brands to the local brand (HEB which is what I use for cooked pizza sauce).

Do you have any expectations on how long you plan on cooking each pizza? I ask because just the tomatoes are great for sub 2 minute pizza, but cooked sauces do better for 2-6 minute pizzas.

Thanks for the info. I guess ill find out when i get the fire going, Id like to be at 750F, i dont want to have a raging fire the first time, So does that mean i shouldn't cook the sauce ahead of time?
        Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
          Obviously the stonecutter notices the stone countrtop. Lol, thank you.

Lol, i will take photos.
          Oh..and I did notice the travertine subway backsplash too...compliments the granite nicely I must say.
          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
          John Ruskin

Comment

Actually, you will still want to get a good long burn, like 4 or 5 hours if you plan on cooking 20 pizzas. Heat soak that puppy, then let it ease back to 750-800. I usually cook one or 2 at 900+, 60-70 second bake then let it cool to about 750 to cook 2 minute pizzas.

Comment

Uhhhh F... I came home to find the fridge door slightly open the fridge has not been cooling. The wife left the door open before going to work. Ahhh the dough temp is 73 it smell like alcohol has it gone bad????

Comment

Update mixed dough and not as much alcohol smell, looks good but its been slowly warming up to the 70s

Comment

Ahhh the dough temp is 73 it smell like alcohol has it gone bad????
                  You make it sound like alcohol is a bad thing - your guest's are going to love it
                  Check out my pictures here:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thanks Les, some booze can hurt noone... As long as the dough dont go bad im good

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                      Oh..and I did notice the travertine subway backsplash too...compliments the granite nicely I must say.

Thank you, Ya it was travertine with Marble trim around it. My father and I did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
                        Actually, you will still want to get a good long burn, like 4 or 5 hours if you plan on cooking 20 pizzas. Heat soak that puppy, then let it ease back to 750-800. I usually cook one or 2 at 900+, 60-70 second bake then let it cool to about 750 to cook 2 minute pizzas.
                        Thanks, ya i guess ill have to feed the hungry oven.

Comment

Thanks, ya i guess ill have to feed the hungry oven.
                          If I have a large party I will build a medium fire the day before and put the door on with 3 pieces of dry wood in about 15 minutes before closing my insulated door. The next day when I am set to have the party i have live coals and a hot oven it only takes a short while to being the oven up to temp and I know I have 500 plus degrees of saturation way back into the bricks. This morning after last nights party my dome and floor were still in the low 700's. started yesterday at 550 because of previous days fire.

Chip
                          Chip

Comment

Something came up with faimly, basically my 5 year old niece is not doing well. So the party has been cancelled. How long can the dough be left in the fridge before it goes bad?

Comment

A week no problem, 2 weeks fine, 3 weeks, it is still pretty good.

Here is a 21 day old dough used to make a Detroit style pizza. Hope your niece gets well quick.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, still looking forward to your report on first pizza. Tell her to get well soon.

Chip
                                Chip

Comment

Working...
                                X