Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Pizza, 1st Pizza party & its going to be a big one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Pizza, 1st Pizza party & its going to be a big one...

Thanks guys, we really hope so as well. Ok so i can keep the dough, best news all add...
    Thanks again.
    Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
      A week no problem, 2 weeks fine, 3 weeks, it is still pretty good.

Here is a 21 day old dough used to make a Detroit style pizza. Hope your niece gets well quick.
      Hello TS,
      Did you have to do anything different to make that deep dish pizza? e.g. Cook in a skillet? Cook at lower temperature? I haven't tried that yet, everyone is still really happy with the Neopolitan style pizza but I'm looking to experiment with different pizza styles now.

V,
      Best wishes to your family and I hope your neice gets well soon.

Regards,
      AT

Comment

It is not deep dish, it is Detroit style (Also called Sicilian style). The dough is standard, it is cooked in an 8"x10" cake pan.

After letting the dough rise in the greased (Crisco) pan, you apply pepperoni, then a mild white cheddar around the edge, then a 50/50 cheddar/mozzarella in the center. Cook it for about 8-9 minutes at 500, then run a couple stripes of sauce down it and finish it for an other minute or 2. I cook them in the WFO and the house oven.

(I used Colby on the edge on this one 'cause that is all I had)
        Last edited by Tscarborough; 06-03-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Wow that looks awesome. Sounds pretty easy too. I'll give it a go the next time we fire 'er up. Thanks for the tip.

AT

Comment

Hey gang,

Thank God my neice is doing good now, she was in the hospital for 10 days. We are going to resume our pizza party tomorrow for fathers day.. I made the dough last night and its sitting in the fridge.

With the other dough i made that was supposed to be used two weeks ago, i made pizza in the kitchen oven. The dough was good after one week, but it was too much like bread, it was dense. What are the secrets to getting light and airy dough. Im sure its got to be thin right.

Comment

Thanks Utah and K79..............Dry fitted the last course.........I'm sorry I should have explained myself better on the suggestions.......it?s a little clearer now???. How should I fit the plug one, two, three pieces????
              Respectfully,

KB

My build
              Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Wrong thread I think....
                Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                John Ruskin

Comment

Light and airy dough-the holy grail of pizza in a WFO.

To be sure, a 2 week old dough is better suited to a thin crust bar pizza, it is not going to make a Neapolitan pizza.

Without using a starter and going sourdough (TexasSourdough can help you there), you will want to do a high hydration (65-70%) 00 flour at room temp (room temp=68-70 degrees) in bulk for 24 hours, then balled for another 12-24 hours at room temp. "Room temp" in this context means a controlled environment where the temp stays at 68-70 degrees.

Your basic VPN spec dough is prefect for this.

Comment

Thanks man, i have a spare fridge in the garage, you think i can get temps in the fridge, its warm here so that wont be room temp but it will happen in a fridge with a lowered thermostat, or i should say higher?

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                      Thanks Utah and K79..............Dry fitted the last course.........I'm sorry I should have explained myself better on the suggestions.......it?s a little clearer now???. How should I fit the plug one, two, three pieces????
                      Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                      Wrong thread I think....
                      OPPS!!!! I was wondering were that post went........Enjoy your party today V-wiz
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build
                      Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Expecting pictures of the day V-wiz. And don't let anyone put a hot pan on that nice granite counter!
                        Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                          OPPS!!!! I was wondering were that post went........Enjoy your party today V-wiz
                          Lol, that was pretty random for it to end up here.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                            Expecting pictures of the day V-wiz. And don't let anyone put a hot pan on that nice granite counter!
                            I will definetly take pictures. I have a Canon 5D II so it should do well.

We have put hot pans on the countertop many times, hasnt been a issue so far. What is your thinking on that?

Comment

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post

We have put hot pans on the countertop many times, hasnt been a issue so far. What is your thinking on that?
                              It's just not a great idea even with granite. A hot pan creates thermal shock and it could crack, but the main reason is that it will store the heat and could cause burns after the pan is gone. Anyway, just a heads up....I'm sure your party was fun.
                              Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Ok here are the pictures. It was a very successful day.

Australian Lamb chops before the pizza.

Comment

Working...
                                X