Anyone heard of this??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of this??????

Yesterday I was giving a dough making demo at the local farmer's market and I had at least 3 ppl ask me whether I had tried a dough recipe that was basically "no-knead" and it had self rising flour & yogurt. I couldn't get any more info than that. It sounded interesting enough although I don't think that I'll abandon my method any time soon. Has anyone ever heard or used this recipe?

Re: Anyone heard of this??????

something like this?

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/...naan-2863.html

Comment

No, it wasn't naan. They were using self rising flour & no yeast. Through my web searches I've been able to deduce that you can leaven bread without yeast resulting to what is referred to a "quick breads". Quick breads cover cookies, biscuits, cakes, and a few other things. They use an acid base relationship to leaven the bread where in the case of my query was yogurt. I am just your usual pizza dough guy who is always interested in new techniques and recipes.. I am just curious to know whether this is a good recipe. The people seemed to love this recipe because it was not necessary to knead the dough, and because they didn't have to proof the dough.

Comment

I use a no knead recipe but not with yogurt
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

I use yoghurt in some of my bread but I still knead it.

Comment

I assume it is a variation of the no knead breads - typically they reduce the amount of yeast and use very long fermentation ( 18 to 24 hours ) to build gluten instead of using kneading to form gluten. No-Knead Pizza Dough Recipe: Bon App?tit

I haven't tried that recipe, but others rave about no knead bread, so I would think it should work.

Comment

Working...
            X