Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising time

Hi All,

We just had our Casa2G90 built and are in the process of experimenting with different dough recipes. There sure is a lot of discussion on the subject!

I have a question about the length of time the dough should rise. We're using 00 flour, active dry yeast, and about a 60% hydration ratio. I know it's a bit lower than the posted Neopolitan recipe, but it's what we're practicing on right now. We're getting a nice thin base crust with a slightly puffy outer crust...exactly what we want.

After kneading the dough in my Kitchen Aid mixer, I let it rise as one ball on the counter (covered in plastic) for about 30-40 minutes. Then, I divided it into balls and let them rise for 4 hours in a covered container on the counter. Then, I put them into the refridgerator overnight.

My question is, how far in advance from when I'm going to start stretching them out should I remove them from the refrigerator? The Neopolitan recipe on this site says about an hour, but other recipes say up to 3-4 hours.

Any advice?

Also, please let me know if you think I'm doing anything completely wrong. Again, I'm a newbie. :-)

Thanks!

Re: Rising time

Hello PFH,
    I replied to your other post also up in the newby section.

When taking dough out of the cooler, I let mine warm up around an hour. Depending on the outside temps and sun exposure I typical don't leave them out longer than 2 hours but on a really hot day maybe only an hour.

I personally would not let the dough rise on the counter first as you've said your doing unless I was in a hurry and making pizza that day. As soon as your done kneading, divide into balls then immediately put it in the refrigerator.
    Chris

Link to my photo album:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Working...
    X