Freezing Dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing Dough

We have finally mastered the dough. One question, when is it proper to freeze it? Before or after it raises?

Re: Freezing Dough

I have successfully frozen dough. I use a 3 hour bulk rise, followed by dividing into 200 gram balls and a three day cold fermentation in individual plastic containers in the fridge. Anything I haven't used by the third or fourth day goes in the freezer in the same container. A couple three hours at room temperature gets the dough back to usable.

I wouldn't store it for months, but so far that hasn't been a problem
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Originally posted by ricflo View Post
      We have finally mastered the dough. One question, when is it proper to freeze it? Before or after it raises?
      You can freeze it .. but why , eat it all

Comment

Originally posted by dmun View Post
        I have successfully frozen dough. I use a 3 hour bulk rise, followed by dividing into 200 gram balls and a three day cold fermentation in individual plastic containers in the fridge. Anything I haven't used by the third or fourth day goes in the freezer in the same container. A couple three hours at room temperature gets the dough back to usable.

I wouldn't store it for months, but so far that hasn't been a problem
        I just started using the pizza dough recipe from the FB site and was wondering about how long I could store the dough. From your experience it looks like keeping the dough in the ref for a few days is quite doable.

From what I have gathered from this site, many folks are doing dough prep and overnight storage. What's the advantage to doing 3 days fermentation in the fridge vs overnight? It seemed to me that overnight fermentation was really for convenience.

Comment

Working...
        X