Sourdough Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourdough Pizza

Bought different Italian sourdough cultures a few months ago and finally started them up. After 3 days of care and feeding I was getting discouraged with the process, but decided to try it at least once anyway.

Made pizza last night with the Naples Camaldoli Hill strain and 100% Caputo of course. Had to keep it 100% Italian. Before tasting the pizza I was ready to throw the sourdough culture out, but not anymore. I was very surprised how much the culture enhanced the flavor of the dough. AWESOME!
    Wade Lively

Re: Sourdough Pizza

I also start with a sour dough starter. I love it! I just ordered the Caputo flour so that will be interesting how it performs differently.
    When I mix up the dough, I put 1/4 tsp yeast in it to give it a little yeasty flavor. It has been one week since I mixed up the dough. Tonight I am trying both refridgerated dough and frozen dough to see how they perform

Comment

Re: Sourdough Pizza

a quick google search will turn up a company that sells the two italian cultures already active (as opposed to dried) - they are extremely hardy and, imo, a much better option for those that want to get up and running without the sometimes complicated process of reviving the dried cultures. a disclaimer: the guy that is credited for brining these strains to market is named marcos and, from what i understand, he feels that the aforementioned has ripped him off - or, at the very least, is distributing these cultures without permission. but as far as i know these cultures were not protected legally and therefore can be sold by anyone...

Comment

Working...
      X