Same day pre-fermented dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same day pre-fermented dough

The last weekend there was another more-than-thirty-persons party in home.
    Again, the one-day (24 hours) pre-fermented dough was compared with the same-day pre-fermented one.
    There were different pizza types, as stromboli, foccacia, VPN clones and braid crown pizza.
    More one time, in my own (and poor) judgment, the same-day pre-fermented pizza was a clearly winner. Great edge, superb taste and so light that the persons are always asking for more <g>.
    The used formula was
    F=100%,
    W= 63%,
    PF=10% (Camaldoli, very active)
    S= 3%
    The dough was mixed as usual: the PF diluted in the W, more that half of F, mixed by a couple of minutes, five to ten minutes of autolyse, then salt and the remainder F. Mixing until soft dough. Rest 11:30 AM. Temperature 22 / 24 ?C
    Division in individual dough 02:30 PM. Rest over wood table and protected by wet cloth until bake.
    Baking time 09:00 to 11:30 PM
    As side comment, by copying from Internet, I made a new spiral hook to the KitchenAid machine. This was a big step forward. No more problems to obtain the dough point. More information on this subject as required.
    Following some pictures

Luis

Re: Same day pre-fermented dough

More pics

Luis

Comment

And finishing...

Luis

Comment

can you provide some more information as to how you made the crown pizza

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
          can you provide some more information as to how you made the crown pizza
          No doubt, we need more info on the filled and then braided pizza.

This one I will have to try!

I bet it was tasty!

Dave
          My thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
          My costs:
          http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
          My pics:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Looks good.

Can you post a picture of your modified dough hook?

Thanks,
            Wade Lively

Comment

Braided crown recipe

In matter of fact the crown showed above correspond to a salted recipe that was adapted from a sweet one.
              The original recipe uses a poolish (100g F + 100g W + 10g of fresh ferment) that rested by a couple of hours. I did use 200g of pre ferment.

Original recipe
              200g pre ferment or poolish
              400g flour
              100g water
              50g milk
              2 Tsp canola oil
              1tsp marine salt
              150g sugar

Dissolve the ferment with 100g of tepid water and mix with 100g flour. Rest a couple of hours or until duplicate in volume.
              Dissolve the sugar in water and milk.
              Incorporate 200g of flour with the 200g of poolish and the mixture of sugar, water and milk. Add the salt and mix. Add the rest of the flour and the oil.
              Mix by five minutes or until the dough be satiny.
              Rest the dough protected with wet cloth a couple of hours or until duplicate.
              Deflate. Round to a cylinder and divide it in three.
              Wait five minutes or so.
              Roll and stretch out each individual cylinder to a thirty by four inches, flat dough.
              Fill each dough as your taste. Similar or different filling could be used.
              I like the ricotta ? nutella filling. Broken dark and milk chocolate pieces with sliced strawberries. Baked apples with cinnamon and nuts. And so on.
              Go heavy with the fillings, the dough is elastic and grow up when baked.
              Close each dough taking the edges and pressing it together. As a big cannoli with closed ends.
              Give the dough a five minutes rest.
              Braid the three cylinders. This could take a little practice. However, the dough is elastic and do not be difficult.
              Give the braid a crown form or bake as is, your choose. I rounded it because the size of my pallet.
              Brush with a batten egg and sprinkle coarse sugar over it, before baking.
              Bake at 250 ?C until done.
              Let rest at least one hour over a grate.

Modified recipe
              50g pre ferment (better than poolish)
              500g flour
              200g water
              50g milk
              1tsp marine salt
              Canola oil (not used, since I am using a WFO)
              Sugar (not used)

Similar steps as above.
              Preferment diluted in all water, sieved half of flour, mix couple of minutes, autolyse of 15 to 30 minutes.
              Salt, incorporate, remainder flour, incorporate, oil. Mix by five minutes or until the dough be satiny. Finish by hand, if necessary.
              Rest until double in sizing (with that preferment quantities could take 4 to 6 hours. You always could increase the preferment quantities, decreasing the flour and water).
              Same steps above to form the cylinders.
              Fill each one. Do not be afraid to go heavy with the filling.
              Close the edges obtaining three thirty inches long cylinders.
              The crown of the pictures had a cylinder filled with a sweet and smooth brazilian cheese ? catupiry ? calabrese sausage and dried tomatoes maintained on EVOO, garlic and species. The second one with the same cheese, ham, basil, and provolone and the third had salami, fresh tomatoes, parmesan and onions.
              Rest the dough five minutes and braid the cylinders.
              Give the braid a crown form or bake as is, your choose. I rounded it because the size of my pallet.
              Bake by two or three minutes in a 350?C oven.
              Eat hot.

Good bake.

Luis

Comment

Helicoidal hook

wlively:

The helicoidal hook was made studying the ones that are pictured all along the WWW.
                I had used a 3/8 iron bar, normally used in constructions structures.
                The big secret is to make the helicoid rotate in the direction which push down the dough (it depends on your dough machine rotation).
                The shape was adapted to the machine pan.
                I will take a picture and post here asap.

Luis

Comment

Helicoidal hook pictures

wlively

Following some pictures of the helicoidal hook.

Luis

Comment

Working...
                  X