Clear All

• A decadent new year's day pizza

I made a few pizzas yesterday that were a huge hit:
    • olive oil
    • caramelized onions
    • cooked pancetta (crispy)
    • triple creme brie
    • dash of truffle oil

The brie was a substitution for a "robiola", which my cheese shop said was the best alternative. Has anyone used this cheese?

The truffle oil went on after the oven... it was rich, but very flavorful and a nice contrast to the traditional margheritas I also made.
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Re: A decadent new year's day pizza

Try posting this picture again, only this time post reply from just below the comment box, not the Post quick Reply area. Go down the screen to manage attachments and upload from there. You will get it as a fingernail and we will be able to enlarge for better visual. This photo is teasing us.
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Re: A decadent new year's day pizza

Happy New Year to All!
      We had a party with around 16 to 20 people and we made 9 pizzas. (One at a time throughout the course of the party.) They are getting easier as I get to know the oven and heat management. Everyone was amazed at how fast they cooked! We made cheese, pepperoni, caramelized onion and ricotta, mushroom, and spinach with feta. The pizzas got snapped up as fast as I put them on the table! I used the oven only for pizza because the other foods were made in advance. Oh, we also had seafood casserole with shrimp, crab, and scallops, shrimp cocktail, stuffed clams, a ham, a giant salad, breads, and around three or four desserts (cakes, a chocolate trifle, etc.), plenty of booze, beer, wine! (Nobody overdid it with the booze, and we all had a great time!)
      I just want to say THANX' to James and FB and everyone who put posts and pictures on this forum throughout last year to not only convince others to build an oven, but to lending a helping hand along the way to those who've made the commitment to build! It just keeps gettin' better!
      I hope whoever is interested in this forum as a guest or newbie really gets into what goes on here and gets convinced into building an oven for yourself. You will not be disappointed!
      Rick
      View my pictures at, Picasaweb.google.com/xharleyguy

Comment

Working...
      X