X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way to get a round pizza

The well-rounded pizza | King Arthur Flour - Bakers’ Banter

Re: One way to get a round pizza

What's with the spots? It looks like the dough has measles. It also looks like the final product is about half an inch thick. To each their own. My father used to say "Everyone to his own tastes, said the woman as she kissed the cow"

I learned years ago with rolling out pie dough: if you start with a round disk of dough you are much more likely to end up with a round piecrust. The same thing with stretching pizza skins. I do my secondary proofing in a round container, and the first thing i do when I turn it onto the counter is to pat it into a cylindrical disk. It helps to leave a bulge in the center of the disk, like the shape of a flying saucer (you've seen those, right?) so your skin doesn't get too thin in the center before you've stretched the edge to the size you want.۩
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

What's with the spots?
      She goes on to give her recipe so my guess is "dried herbs". And yes, I agree, the dough looks very thick. But, it looks like she bakes it for nearly 26 minutes @ 450 deg and on a stone.

This is all very interesting to me. I read about 1st rise and 2nd rise. I'm not quite sure I follow. When I pull my dough from my KA I simply form the dough balls and stick em in the fridge. Should I be doing a two-step rise?

Comment

When I pull my dough from my KA I simply form the dough balls and stick em in the fridge.
        That's exactly what I do, except I leave the balls in storage containers in the fridge to develop the flavor for two or three days. It might develop a bubble or two on top, but no harm.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
        X