Caputo Flour and New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caputo Flour and New Jersey

Does anyone know where I can purchase small bags of Caputo flour in the New York or New Jersey area????

Re: Caputo Flour and New Jersey

Cricket,

Google up Orlando Foods; they're in NJ, and they're the importer on the east coast. They can tell you who distributes where.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Jim,

Thanks so much for the information on Orlando Foods. They are located just a few miles from my home. I will call them tomorrow. It would be great to be able to get Caputo flour without having to pay the high cost of shipping for weight.

Cricket

Comment

Most distributors only carry the 25KG (55lb) bags of caputo flours, particularly the pizzaria rosso flour.

Penn-mac sells repackaged 10 pound bags, but they're in Pittsburgh, still a shipping issue.

Maybe a group buy?
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hey Jerseycricket,

Did you ever find anywhere to buy the flour up there. I'll be up there over Memorial Day and would like to bring some back with me.

Chuck

Comment

Chuckster,

It's not easy to obtain. Your best bet is to order it from the Forno Bravo Store. I did buy some Italian 00 flour (not Caputo) at a small Italian speciality shop in Lodi, NJ.

Cricket

Comment

I had my sister pick a 55lb bag of Caputo flour for me from E&S Food, Elmwood Park, NJ. It worked out great and I was able to bring it back with me to North Carolina when I went up for my Dad's birthday.

Here's the website: ES Food - Home . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
              $38 for the 55 lbs.
              Call before you go b/c they are mostly a wholesale facility and don't want you coming when they are trying to load trucks.

Looking forward to using it this weekend. Whippee!!!

Chuckster

Comment

Working...
              X