Pizza Party April 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Party April 26th

I would like to host a Pizza Party for my forum friends. I am happy to do it April 26th. It will be great to see some of us gather for a fun afternoon.
    Robert
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Re: Pizza Party April 26th

Oh, I'd love to (as usual) ...sigh...

Well, I just hope lots of you people go over to Acoma's and have a great time there! And I hope Acoma posts a few more pictures than Inishta did of his pizza party...
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Frances.............I am cut to the quick..............Next time.........

Comment

Tomorrow is the day. Lots of delicious sauce, with dough and oven ready. For those to be here, you will enjoy. For those that could not come, well......

MENU

Drinks:
        Samuel Adams pale ale.
        Red Wine.
        Bibita Naturale D'italia soda. Various flavors.

Appatizer:
        Pasta Prima- grilled chicken and mozzarella ravioli

Salad:
        My mother in law makes the most memorable taco salad which may compete with my pizzas.

Main Course:
        We will have basil, peperoni, mozzarella, provolone, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.

Dessert:
        Chocolate chunks (white and dark), bananas, strawberries, and Nutella. All for the dessert pizzas.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Hmmm...sounds really good...now if I could have just been a little closer to Reno....DANG!
          Good luck and have fun!
          Dutch
          "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
          "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Robert,
            Thank you very much for the wonderful invitation. I sure wish I could come. The baseball schedule keeps us here unfortunately. I hope you have a great evening. Let us know how it turns out. The menu sounds scrumptious.
            George
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Robert,
              Have a great time. We just got back from the fund raiser here; boring -- I wish we had driven your way for some great pizza!

Enjoy all.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Sounds great!

Have lots of fun!! (and don't forget the pics )
                "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Have a great party, Robert!
                  (Hope the quakes don't interfere)
                  We who can't attend will expect lots of photos!

Comment

Well, the party went smooth. We unfortunately were unable to do photos due to time management being poor on my part. I was victim of oven duties. The guests were quite please with the pizzas and appetizers. Everyone was able to mingle, and no little groups formed. Unfortunately, some that had committed to showing up were in the end, no shows. These are of course people that will not be invited to future gatherings. My feelings are that it shows no respect. Dusty showed up with his lovely wife, and they appeared to have much fun. It is appreciative to see Dusty drive 2 hours to enjoy some pizza. Thank you. James, thank you for your generosity as well, and we wish you could have joined too.

I believe that from now on the best idea is to have someone else manage the oven for larger parties, which would be nice. My wife shares this idea being that she says I am never truly seen outside the oven area. Right Dusty?

Well, I am happy with the ovens performance throughout.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

I was waiting to hear from you Robert.

Glad it went well; sorry about the no-shows. We need more. :-) How were the pizzas? Excellent? How will you improve in the future? How did you store you dough balls? Refrigerator or now refrigerator?

Happy to hear that the oven did well.

We cooked only for two other couples, plus kids, and I felt like I could have had more time talking with the neighbors. In this case, no one came forward and volunteered to help!

Maybe we just need help with oven management, letting us and our guests have fun and make the pizzas. One thought.

At our gathering, I made all the pizza bases -- I've stop trusting guests to do it -- and then left them free to decorate.
                      James
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James, so true about people coming forward to get involved with the oven. Sad, since that is such a great moment.

As for the pizza dough, I had made them on Thursday, believing that a two day refrigerated rest would create more flavor (no sugar). The flavor of the dough was excellant. For storing, I use containers with tops, poking a hole for gas to exit. No need for explosions in the frig.

I made 30 dough balls, and I finished the party having 8 still. My wife made 6 desert pizzas that people melted over. I put the 8 remaining balls in a ziplock back, sprayed some olive oil inside, then reshaped the balls, and place them inside, then into the freezer.

The basil is what people mentioned created the most flavor. Of course the sauce was delicious. Wow, that took a day for my wife to make a large enough batch. Some left in the freezer.

I hope the kids on your end had a great time. Over at our place, they packed a trampelene and jumped forever.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
                          My wife shares this idea being that she says I am never truly seen outside the oven area. Right Dusty?

Well, I am happy with the ovens performance throughout.
                          Right!

You did a great job though. We had a good time. Thanks for having us.

At our parties, we make everyone cook their own! Leaves me with more time to mingle and have a beverage or two. Just give 'em a few tips and march them out there. Plus I think it gives them a greater appriciation for the oven. None of my friends have been intimidated by it, and cooking your own is fun. Besides, seems like there is always some "know-it-all" out there coaching folks. (You gotta know my friends).

Everyone has been very impressed. Some want to build their own now!

Your oven worked perfect. It was fun for me to see another one in action.

Thanks again - lovely family you got there Robert. Keep up the good work.

dusty

Comment

Robert -
                            It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I wish I could have made it up over the hill to meet you and Dusty, but I was getting ready for my first pizza party with my mobile oven which happened on Sunday.
                            I'm glad you had a great time!

Comment

Robert,
                              I think I would rather manage the oven for a party like that and let someone else deal with the dough and pizza prep. If you plan it well and the weather is good, you should be able to draw the crowd towards the oven - I think! The weather has still not been that good here to prove my theory.
                              GJBingham
                              -----------------------------------
                              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
                              X