Pizza recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza recipe

I'm just starting making pizza need recipe for making a14 inch pizza using antimo caputo soft wheat tipo 00 flour , hopefully in cups and ounces,if not then weights,thanks and have a nice day

Welcome Gerald! Are you going to make a single 14" pizza? Most formulas are by weight and for several pizzas. Lots of variations, but all concur that you want to make the dough on day one, refrigerate overnight, shape on day two and refrigerate overnight, and finally on day three bring to room temp, stretch & form, add toppings & bake. Secondly, you'll find most are by weight because it's more reliable & reproducible. (The caputo flour should substitute nicely for the bread flour mentioned in Hamelman's formula below.)

If you want 2 pizza skins between 14-16" in diameter, here's a 2-day formula from Jeffrey Hamelman:

Biga (day one): 7/8 cup of bread flour, 1/4 cup water, and a small pinch of yeast

mix until just smooth, cover with plastic and let stand at 70F for 12-16 hrs.

Final dough (day two): 3 1/8 cup bread flour, 1 1/4 cup water, 1/2 TBSP salt, 1/2 tsp yeast

mix until just starting to come together, then add the Biga in several pieces, when all the Biga has been added and incorporated,
    drizzle in 2 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and mix for 5-6 minutes

Cover and let ferment for 2 hours (with a fold after 1 hour).

Divide the dough into 1 pound pieces on a floured work surface. Round lightly, seams down, light dust of flour and cover with plastic for 30 minutes.

After rest, gently work and stretch dough into roughly a 14-16" circle. There should be a slight lip around the outside of the dough and the main skin will be quite thin. Transfer to a corn meal or semolina dusted peel, add your toppings and bake.

Hope this helps...but really, if you want to do pizza on a regular basis...you should invest in a decent scale that does grams (and ounces).
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

What style are you shooting for? Small changes can make a difference. I just mixed a batch up tonight and did
      100% Caputo 00 at 1000g
      63% water. at 630g
      2.7% salt. at 27g
      and one packet of the yeast I am trying out.

I just dump every thing on to the bowl and mix till everything is incorporated. Then let stand for 20 minutes for the flour to hydrate. Then mix for another 5 minutes on low speed. Then I divide the dough and form into balls. I then lightly oil the ball and put into a Ziploc bag and put in to the fridge at least over night and maybe 2 or 3 days. I will remove from the fridge at least 2 or 3 hours before use.

I do this for 6 dough balls at around 12" so you might need to do 4 to get to a 14 or slightly bigger pizza.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
        What style are you shooting for? Small changes can make a difference. I just mixed a batch up tonight and did
        100% Caputo 00 at 1000g
        63% water. at 630g
        2.7% salt. at 27g
        and one packet of the yeast I am trying out.
        hi Randy,

what kind of yeast and weight did you use here? Did your dough turn out nicely?

cheers,

danny.

My Build:

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...and#post423032

Comment

Sorry for the late response, but i just use a pack of active dry yeast. I have had good results with most kinds. My dough is almost always the same and works great. I have a friend that is a executive chef and he loved my dough so much he made me give him the recipe.

Comment

Working...
          X