Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best dough recipe ?

Hey guys !
    I just finished building a pompelli style brick oven. Looking to start practicing dough. I was looking for the best two or three day recipe out there, for 4-6 pizzas. I can measure by weight but we can’t buy 00 flour here , just all purpose. (Small town Canada )
    thanks in advance

681 grams of King Arthur All purpose flour, 422 grams cold water, 28 grams sugar, 14 grams kosher salt, 3 grams instant yeast, 14 grams of EVO. Add water, sugar, yeast and salt to stand mixer and mix with wire whisk attachment. Then add flour all to once. Change to dough hook and mix on low-med for 4 minutes. Add EVO while still mixing and mix for additional 4 minutes. Take out of mixer onto floured surface and kneed a few times and then make into dough balls. We have made anywhere from 4- 16" pizzas to 8-8-10" pizzas from this recipe. Place in oiled container and proof for 1-3 days in refrigerator. Make sure to brush tops of dough balls with EVO to prevent skin from forming. Ready to bake after 1-3 days or after ferment, place dough balls in ziplock bags and freeze for later use. If freezing, take out and thaw in fridge, then take out of fridge at least 1 hour before baking. Enjoy

Comment

Does the EVO help to somehow compensate for the lack of 00 flour? It's not so much that it would cause burning when cooked at a high temp?

Comment

Working...
      X