Pizza Training in Naples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Training in Naples

Mike, a Forno Bravo partner in Seattle, just got back from a week of pizza training with Enzo Coccia and Pizza Consulting.it in Naples. This is a quick distillation of what we talked about. As an aside, Mike had aleady taken the 3 day class in Los Anglese from the VPN organization, and he teaches brick oven cooking in Seattle.

1. He was thrilled, and said it was the best training he has had to date.

2. The class lasted one week. Five half-day sessions. They did it all, though there was a lot of emphasis on dough and getting the perfect pizza base. Mike's comment was that it was like tennis camp, and hitting the perfect backhand. Throwing the perfect pizza without overworking the dough is a skill (like singing opera). You do your best in a week, but there is more to learn. There is a three week class as well, where you have more time on each aspect of Pizza Napoletana.

3. If you want to learn the theory, along with the practical, ask to have an interpreter. It costs more, but the underlying theory makes more sense. Mike did it in Italian.

4. The cost was very reasonble. You can contact us for details, or we can put you in touch with Sig. Coccia.

5. We can get you details on hotels close to the restaurant/school.

6. Compared with Trianon, da Michelle, Ciro di Santa Brigida, and the other famous pizzerias, Enzo makes the best pizza in Naples.

7. His schedule broke, and he did not get to go to Molino Caputo. Next time.

Let me know if you are interested in doing something like this.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Pizza Training in Naples

Was wondering if I could get cost info and contact info on the Pizza Training in Naples. Can you do it for more than just the one week?

Thanks.

Comment

Good to see he enjoyed it, the pizza university in Naples is suppose to be a good place to learn but my mum said the pizzas were garbage, her favourite pizza in all of italy is in a small back street near Torre Del Greco (just outside the city). The best people to learn off is the 1s that truly are artists at it.

Sounds like this guy is 1 of those
      Regards
      Adrian

Comment

Dear Mike,

Do you have contact info for Enzo in Naples? I speak Italian and I would be comfortable writing him an email.

I am trying to find out if he is offering any 1 or 3 week courses this spring or early summer.

Thank you for your help. I am really happy I found this forum.

Charles

Comment

>>Do you have contact info for Enzo in Naples? I speak Italian and I would be comfortable writing him an email.

Hi Charles - Enzo's email is info@pizzaconsulting.it and his phone number is 011 39 348 81 33 242.

When I contacted him I called first and then followed up with email but you could just as well send email first; he is good about replying either way. And he is a fantastic teacher. Also check out his website (www.pizzaconsulting.it).

Good luck and have fun!

- Mike

Comment

How can I find out about the 3 day class in Los Angeles?

Comment

Here goes:

VPN Americas c/o
              Antica Pizzeria
              13455 Maxella Ave. Suite #201
              Marina del Rey, CA 90292
              323 653-5792

It's $1300 for three days, and $2200 for a week. Ask for Peppe and say Forno Bravo sent you. :-)
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                Here goes:

VPN Americas c/o
                Antica Pizzeria
                13455 Maxella Ave. Suite #201
                Marina del Rey, CA 90292
                323 653-5792

It's $1300 for three days, and $2200 for a week. Ask for Peppe and say Forno Bravo sent you. :-)
                James
                Hi James....thanks for the info.

I took the 3 day class from Peppe and had a great time. I can now make a true Pizza Napoletana.

Pizza Man

Comment

Eccellente!

Can you share any tips that you learned? Did you make a pizza with ricotta stuff on one side?

More, more.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                    Eccellente!

Can you share any tips that you learned? Did you make a pizza with ricotta stuff on one side?

More, more.
                    James
                    I learned less is better. Not only did I make a pizza with ricotta stuff on one side I made one with mozzarella stuffed all around the edge. I made about 150 pizzas in 3 days. Pratice makes perfect.

Pizza Man

Comment

Look at that new Avatar!!!
                      James
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hi James,

I am going to take the 3 weeks course w/ Chef Coccia on Jan 19 and i see here that you have some advices about nearby hotels to the restaurant. They adviced me to try suite partenope but they are very slow in replying confirmation.
                        Are there any other options within similar rate? around 40 euros/ night.
                        And how is the neighborhood in terms of safety and pick pocketers?

Thank you
                        Hazem

Comment

Someone has to ask -

Sooo - what did you/they do with all those pizzas?

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                          X