Pesto Time and Stuffed Crust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pesto Time and Stuffed Crust!

We wanted to try something new this past weekend so we made fresh basil pesto. If you have never made it, it's a 5-minute no-brainer with a food processor (a blender will work too!).

We used a "blister pack" of fresh basil from grocery store (we had fresh basil in the backyard until last week's freeze).

If you want to give it a whirl, Google "Basil Pesto". Plenty of recipes. It's essentially a puree of basil, garlic, grated parmesan, pine nuts and olive oil. What's not to like?!

The pictured pizza is mozz, onion and pesto. MMMMM-Good!

My 11 daughter wanted stuff-crust pizza. I guess we've made too many trips to Pizza Hut . I took fresh mozzarella and cut it into long, thing strips that we rolled inside the outer crust before adding the toppings. It worked out really well (and WAY better than Pizza Hut).
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Re: Pesto Time and Stuffed Crust!

The tomatoe sauce looks great. What did you use for it? Also was the cheese home made?

BRIFRO

Comment

Brifro,

The sauce is a very exclusive item in the Italian section of our grocery. It's called "Ragu Olive Oil & Garlic Pasta Sauce"

Make my own cheese? I'm a city boy! We usually keep a 10 lb bag of grated Mozzarella from Sam's Club in the fridge for the kid's pizzas.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

mmmh, that sounds great! I wonder if my family would go for stuffed crusts?...
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Read your post this morning and it inspired me to make some pesto. Forgot how much I loved homemade pesto ....yum yum.
          So my family thanx you for their lovely tea.
          Cheers Lee

Comment

Working...
          X