Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left over Tipo 00 dough

Happy Thanksgiving

Does anyone have a reccomendation for something to do with, other than freezing, the leftover Tipo 00 dough when done making pizza. What happens if you try to bake it like bread?

Thanks

Re: Left over Tipo 00 dough

Erasmo,

Although we don't use the Tipo 00 flour, we always use any left over dough for either pita's, or Calazon's (then refrigerated and used for lunch the next day) which will also use up some of the left over toppings.

JED

Comment

Leftover dough balls make nice dinner rolls. A 203 gram ball makes a big roll or two small ones.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

ERASMO
        try rolling it out, spreading a little butter or margarine on it, sprinkle it with dried fruit (I use sultanas) and a little cinnamon and maybe sugar to taste, roll it up tight and cut 1/2" to 3/4" diagonal strips, lay out on aluminium foil (easier to handle the volume) and cook as a pizza.
        They go over great with the crew as there is always room for a liltle sweets!

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

I roll my left over dough out to maybe bit less than 1cm thick cut into palm sized pieces and fry it in good olive oil till golden and puffy.... yum
          I like it with a little sea salt my wife likes sugar on hers.

Comment

Neill,
            As I have stated before, I've never been partial to fruity dessert pizzas. I've seen too many that were nothing more than an over sugared fruit slurry on pizza dough - not very creative or appetizing, actually bastardizing (sorry) the good name of pizza.

I must say, your idea for the extra dough sounds quite innovative and even more...TASTY. I will be giving it a try.....thanks for sharing
            RT

Comment

Working...
            X