A call for Pizza photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A call for Pizza photos

Hi all...would you guys mind posting some pictures of pizzas you've made recently. I am trying to get a good idea of "look and feel" on crust. I've been experimenting with all kinds of dough lately and have really liked james' weight/volume mixture using the caputo @65% hydration. However - I don't seem to be getting a real "browning" of the crust...it still gets crispy and delicious, but I'd like it to be a little more handsome. I'm thinking it's because there is no sugar in the dough...someone once told me a little sugar will help with the browning of the crust???

You can post pics here or send to jjerrier@mac.com

Thanks so much....

Jay

Pizza browning

Jay,

No pics right now, but you might consider adding a bit of steam by spritzing over, not on, your pizza when it first goes in. My sprayer is a cheapo plant mister I got from the dollar store.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Have you tried brushing the edge of the crust with olive oil before you add the toppings? This seems to brown nicely for us.

Comment

Yes Jay, sugar will aid in the browning. Chances are it will change the taste some too. I've also been taught that yeast uses it as food so perhaps the dough will rise more. Let us know how your expirements go!
        Last edited by stuart; 04-21-2006, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I'll have to play around - although I guess I can take some comfort after googling "naples pizzerias" and looking at the pictures on some of the travel sites, my pizzas actually look fairly authentic! I was using fireside pies (dallas) as my benchmark.

Also - pizzeria bianco in phoenix finally has a website...not a whole lot of content, but still cool to look at www.pizzeriabianco.com

The biancoverde pizza was one of my favorites...I've had no luck duplicating it .

Jay

Comment

Pizza pics

Here you have.
            Good luck!

Luis

Comment

These two are from a Pizzeria right on the Arno (Il Greppio). I've also posted photos of the oven and pizzaiolo. The pizzaiolo is from Naples.

The first is a quattro formaggio e il secondo is a Sicilano (oregano and olives).
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
              X