Clam Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clam Pizza

I finally got around to making one of the famous New Haven, Ct. clam pies.
    Just delicious !
    I shucked about 25 small littleneck clams (for 2 pies) and chopped them up a bit
    Spread the clams around the pie, drizzle some of the clam juices, some chopped garlic, some oregano, a drizzle of oil, and 60 seconds later...heaven !

For my finale' desert pizza...mandolin slices of ripe peaches and pears, in the oven and a slight drizzle of vanilla syrup.

Re: Clam Pizza

I love seafood pizza! You can also sprinkle a little chopped arugula on top.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Aren't you supposed to also add some parmesan cheese to a white clam pizza?

Comment

I knew I forgot something when I was posting earlier...

Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of coarse grated Pecorino cheese on top...

Comment

Since reading your post I have been doing some research on the New Haven White Clam Pizza or Apizza as the locals call it. I am really excited to try it out for a small group this Friday. Some recipes call for the Picorino cheese and others list parmesan. Maybe I will try both. I bet it would also be good with some anchovies as well. I called my grocery store and they do carry fresh short neck clams! Thanks for the great idea!

Comment

Euwww, sounds horrible right now. I love clams too. I'm coming back and reading this post before dinner tomorrow.

G.
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

I heard the #1 ingredient on Pizza in Japan was calamari...but I have yet to try it that way!
              sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Being raised near New Haven and now living in California, I've been making White Clam Pizza at home for years. Drained Gortons minced clams are a good quick substitute for chopped fresh clams should you be unable to secure them. I saw that James likes a little Arugula on top but may I suggest somne thinly sliced fresh tomatoes. Put the parmesan or pecorino over top of the tomatoes. As an fyi, I use a blend of Parmesan and Asiago.

Paul

Comment

I haven't tried it with clams but I use a white sauce made from finely chopped sauteed onions and garlic (sauteed in butter) and finished with cream and thyme that should be seriously good with clams. And yes I would put a hard grated cheese on it (parme, asiago,etc.)

Comment

Working...
                  X