Shrinking Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrinking Pizza

So I noticed this today when I was making pizza's there was a pretty big amount of shrinkage during baking. At first I thought it was the all purpose flour I used, but the Caputo showed the same thing.

The funny thing was my daughter made a happy face pizza but it shrunk and the face seemed to be very mad that it was put into the oven.

Re: Shrinking Pizza

Mine shrink when I have sticking issues, and shaking them on and off the wood peel cause them to contract. If it's actually shrinking in the oven you may have too low hydration to your dough, which makes it more rubber-bandy.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I thought it might have been an issue of resting time while forming the pie.

Comment

Originally posted by acbova View Post
        I thought it might have been an issue of resting time while forming the pie.
        You should, of course, get the pizza assembled and in the oven as quickly as possible. If your dough is dry enough to sit around for any period of time without sticking to the work surface, it's probably too dry.

How about a quick overview of how you are making pizza: your dough formula, the size (weight and diameter) you're aiming for, and how much in the way of toppings you are using, and a brief description of your techniques. Otherwise, we're just making random comments.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
        X