The secret to WFO crispy crust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The secret to WFO crispy crust?

So ASUDave, How does this dough differ in taste etc? I see you lowered the hydration and upped both the salt and yeast from your prior ratio. Do you use the autolyse and wet mix?

My last dough was terrific and I was very happy but still in search of ..."the best pizza ever"

Comment

I have now fired my oven up 3 times to make pizza and the third time was the best so far. Still, while my crust is browning some on the bottom, I'm still getting very flimsy-like crust. The outside edges are perfect.

My thoughts were that the pizza was cooking too fast on the outside, not allowing the bottom to fully cook. That's just one of m assumptions. Another is that I shouldn't use flour on the peel to slide the pizza off. It seems like it's getting in the way of the crust.

I'm going to try Dave's latest dough recipe as it's close to what I do now, minus the steroid yeast action. But hey, I'm trying it.

There really are so many factors in getting it just right.
      Journal of My Oven's Progress

Comment

Just refreshing this old thread with a new recipie:

Putting a 'poolish' starter:
        300gr water
        300gr bread flour
        2gr instant yeast
        Let sit for 4-6hrs until bubbly

Main dough:
        Above poolish +
        300gr medium protein flour
        300gr high protein flour
        100gr semolina(durum) flour
        350gr water
        1gr instant yeast

Use the jeff V autolyse method rise 90min then make balls and let them rise for aprox 60-75min before baking off

Comment

Working...
        X