First rising..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First rising..

I have 20 or more friends coming over for a PizzaFest late tomorrow arvo so I made the dough today to be well prepared.
    Ive made dough before but this first rising took me by surprise to say the least....
    I had the bucket only half full of dough expecting it to rise to the top only... then the glad wrap came out, and out as it just kept on rising.
    Last edited by brickie in oz; 05-14-2009, 11:54 PM.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Re: First rising..

Cool! How did you manage that? Mine usually goes oven the edge and oozes all over the kitchen or fridge...
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I have no idea why it happened, I used the usual recipe of 500grams of flour, 2 teaspoons of dry yeast, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 cups of water.

It just kept rising and rising, I half expected it to burst and fill the kitchen with sticky goo....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Looks like you got your tea spoons mixed up with your tablespoons! (absolutely no offence intended)!. I have had a similar response when I put in a little more yeast than should have.
        The sugar will also increase the yeast activity so maybe cut that back a little especially for savoury bases rather than for sweets.
        All the best you your pizzathon.

Rastys
        If you don't succeed the first time, try again and again until you get it right!

Comment

I used the same spoon for all measurements, I pretty sure I counted right.....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Heres how the PizzaFest ended up..

A great time was had by all, they all enjoyed making the pizzas for them selves.
            One guest brought a ready made shop bought pizza....

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
            X