X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with high hydration dough shaping

Originally posted by dregnier View Post
    The article was referring to is located following web site

Learning How to Make Neapolitan Pizza from Keste's Roberto Caporuscio | Slice Pizza Blog

7. Bake the dough for ten minutes before any toppings come into play. Now add the tomato sauce and cheese, etc. If you baked the whole shabang at once, the cheese would turn to water and the meats would dry out. So don't. At Kest?, each pie only bakes for about 55 seconds because it's so fracking hot in there. The dude on pizza peel duty boasted his PR: "45 seconds!"
    Let's do the Paul Harvey's.....'and now the rest of the story' ...
    I read the article and it cleary states..."The recipe, adapted for normal, nonrestaurant kitchens, follows."

That is maybe at best a 500 deg. oven with a stone.

This is a WFO forum and if anyone left a pizza in any WFO for 10 min. you would have nothing but ash left.

The recipe and technique are fine just ignore the time element.

Good Luck,

Tom in PA

Comment

tom ,i was at keste last week a great pizza lively restaurant ,and roberto is a really nice passionate man. can you recommend a mixing schedule for a kitchen aid mixer?

Comment

Tgm, I followed your 8hr room temperature rise. Worked great. I have been doing a 24 hr rise in the fridge. The dough was at 65% hydration. The 8hr room temp rise seemed to possibly allow for better stretching. Thanks
        Tom

Comment

tomtom,

Glad it worked for you. We have found the same results. Nice supple, silky smooth dough that stretches beautifully, holds its shape well and creates a perfect, in our opinion, finished product. Not to mention the fabulous taste.

Tom in PA

Comment

Working...
          X