Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weston Milling Milano Pizza Flour - Available in Perth!!~!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weston Milling Milano Pizza Flour - Available in Perth!!~!

After Weston Milling Milano Pizza Flour was recommended by mdub as a great pizza flour, I thought that I should try and track it down here in Perth (Western Australia). I initially contacted the WM company to find local outlets and was pointed to a distributor - Variety Foods who sells the flour.

I popped over to Variety Foods and had a chat to the owner Ron about my pizza needs. Ron is a top bloke and I highly recommend making contact with him if you want to get hold of Weston Milling Milano Pizza Flour. They have a range of other items like speciality cheese so well worth making the trip to Bayswater when you are next shopping for pizza ingredients.

Contact details:
    Variety Foods - 24 Munt Street - Bayswater - WA - 6053 - Phone: (08) 9471 9033 Fax: (08) 9471 9088. email: varietyfoods@bigpond.com.au

Rossco
    Last edited by heliman; 10-08-2009, 09:46 PM.
    / Rossco

Re: Weston Milling Milano Pizza Flour - Available in Perth!!~!

Excellent product - just did some preliminary testing using the pizza stone this evening. Made standard FB dough and baked 2 quick pizzas. Doing an overnight rise in the fridge to compare with the "quick" version.

Pics attached:

Pizza 1 - Rosemary, rock salt and olive oil

Pizza 2 - Marinated goats cheese (from Variety Foods), streaky bacon and char grilled red peppers, topped with a sprinkle of fresh rosemary.

Rossco
    / Rossco

Comment

Cheers Heliman...I have been using tipp '00' flour and have found it to come out pretty good. But I have been looking for other bits and pieces to put on top, so I think we will have to go and check out the store. I know there i a new interfoods store on canning hwy in east freo where red rooster was...will have to check that out

Comment

Hi Scott ...

Is this the "00" flour you are referring to???

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f19/...lour-8147.html

The blue one pictured has a very low protein content so don't think it's suitable for top quality pizza making. The "pizza" version is only rated "0" so there was some question as to it's suitability.

Good luck with the topping shopping!!

Rossco
        / Rossco

Comment

Hey,
          Yeap...thats the stuff I have been using...the blue label one. Not sure if the flour is really for pizzas, but I must say that the dough i have made has turned out good. The only thing I add to it is a good handful of oragarno so it is cooked in the base. Will have to give a different flour a try one day but when I cook the pizzas (the dough even comes out good for flatbread/garlic bread) the base bubbles which I do love!! I guess it doesnt matter what you use for a base as long as your wife likes it.....because if she is happy, your happy.....if she isnt happy, your not happy...LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scottz View Post
            ...I guess it doesnt matter what you use for a base as long as your wife likes it.....because if she is happy, your happy.....if she isnt happy, your not happy...LOL!!!
            Yip - you know the rules!

Rossco
            / Rossco

Comment

Working...
            X