Pizza Dough Just About There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Dough Just About There

Last time I posted I was looking for a bottom that was just a little bit crustier without sacrificing the light yet crispy outer crust. I tried adding a little semolina and eliminating the 1tbl of oil. I tried all 00 flour. Well.......after making 6 doughs all with a slight variation of ingredients the one that came out really great was all purpose flour and using only 1 tsp of oil. Just cutting down the oil made a big difference. Now I have to get into bread making. The hardest part is trying not to drink too much wine so I can stay up and make the dough and proof and form and bake. Whenever we make pizza it always turns into a party. Guess that's what it's all about.
    G
    ps
    Does anyone add the instant yeast to warm water till it foams or do you just ass it to the dry ingredients and add everything to the wet?

Re: Pizza Dough Just About There

Originally posted by mrgweeto View Post
    Does anyone add the instant yeast to warm water till it foams or do you just ass it to the dry ingredients and add everything to the wet?
    I just ass it to the dry ingredients myself... and then add everything to the wet.
    Yup.

ps. obviously no one is getting this joke...
    Last edited by Lars; 10-13-2009, 10:05 PM.
    This may not be my last wood oven...

Comment

May try that next to see if there is a difference.

Comment

Absolutely no reason to add instant yeast to water. Just mix it in dry and go for it!
        Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
          I just ass it to the dry ingredients myself... and then add everything to the wet.
          Yup.

ps. obviously no one is getting this joke...
          I sniggered quietly to myself over that one (attracting some strange looks from those around me)....
          / Rossco

Comment

One extra step saved. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X