Today's Bake Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Bake Off

Today I made a biga based batch of dough and was very pleased with the results.

Recipe
    Flour - 811.5 - 100.0%
    Water - 537.6 - 66.3%
    Yeast - 4.1 - 0.5%
    Salt - 22.3 - 2.8%
    Biga - 324.6 - 40.0%

I started the biga yesterday and proofed it in the fridge overnight. About 4 hrs ahead of the planned baking time I made a full batch of dough using baker's percentages to start, then adding flour/water to get the right consistency. I used the TBird to make 1.7kg dough in total. I let it rest at room temp for 2 hrs then folded it biefly before cutting and balling it. Then let it rest for 1 hour and started to bake. Nice crisp/chewy dough which handled very well. I used home made mozarella and home made tomato sauce with a variety of toppings.

Rossco
    Last edited by heliman; 01-31-2010, 06:28 AM.
    / Rossco

Re: Today's Bake Off

Looks great. I cannot wait for some warm weather!!
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Drake ...

Please send me your address so I can send you a truck load of HOT weather. We have an abundance of it here and I am really over it. It is also blowing like crazy making for an all round unpleasant experience weather wise.

Rossco
      / Rossco

Comment

Yes, Im enjoying this hot summer we are having too!!! Whats it been now...60 or 70 odd days without rain??? But the hottest part of summer for Perth is still to come. Feb/March is when we have the 7 to 10 days straight of 40+C days!!! Im glad I have a pool!!!

Comment

Working...
        X