Tried FB pizza dough recipe but I have some Qs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried FB pizza dough recipe but I have some Qs

The last two nights I made FB pizza dough. Tonight I went overboard and made an 11" pie with 205gms of dough. I've always wanted to make a thin crusted pie but this one was a little too thin. I can correct that issue but I can't get the crust to brown up as much as I would like. I'm cooking on a stone and have the oven at 550 and alow plenty of time for my stone to heat up. I used to use a different recipie but I started to buy Trader Joes dough and have been able to get those doughs to brown up. What's up with this FB dough? I suspect it works best with a hotter oven. What can I add to it brown up? Sugar? Oil?
    thanks
    Ken

Re: Tried FB pizza dough recipe but I have some Qs

I bake quite often in my electric oven (in between WF bake offs) and the characteristics are quite different from WFO baking. The WFO and STONE recipes differ in the hydration levels. The WFO recipe requires a wetter dough. The end results (at least in my Electric/WF oven setup) find the electric quite a bit drier than the WFO pizzas as they cook for about 5-7 mins, whereas WFO cook 2-3 mins. I'm not sure that you can compare them as they are quite different processes. Difficult to analyse bought dough as you probably don't know what went into it...

The FB recipes are very good, though as always you will need to adjust water/flour to get the right consistency. I used to go slavishly according to the recipe numbers but after some info from posters here I now read the texture of the dough for best results. Perhaps you can just experiment with different hydration levels and see if that affects the browning capabilities of the pizza.

Rossco
    / Rossco

Comment

Re: Tried FB pizza dough recipe but I have some Qs

I'm going to try the remainder of the dough I made yesterday. I'm going to make it thicker and see if the extra day and the thicker dough make any difference.

Comment

Working...
      X