• Show
Clear All

• Doodney
    replied
    Re: substituting king Arthur for caputo

The other Way is The Way!
    You do not need 00...

You need More heat!
    Check out what pizzeria bianco has to compete with..
    It's all about the PIZZA!

Leave a comment:

• Doodney
    replied

Not necessary. Give it 2 days rise in the refig.,,, take it out at least 3hrs before you want to eat. Do not re-shape the balls if they have a lot of small air bubbles in them.

Leave a comment:

• thezaman
    replied

yes, i know 00 only works at hi temp. i wonder if it is necessary to over proof king Arthur to make it work at 750 degrees

Leave a comment:

• bigred
    replied

I have learned that OO is only for high temp...but you know..it is not that forgiving...I find that if the oven is not hot enough it wont brown...obviously...but at the higher temp you have to be more accurate with oven control.. I have tried a few round at about 600 with a combination of bread flour and all purpose... even tried some high gluten...they seem a lot more forgiving and easier to work with. I know that the 00 is the real way..but you know...we really like the other way. too

Leave a comment:

• thezaman
    replied

i thought the malted barley helped browning and it is not present in caputo. this is why caputo only works at the high temperatures of a wood oven

Leave a comment:

• texassourdough
    replied

I have used KA Sir Lancelot with no problems. I can't imagine a real world basis for it being any different (burning wise) than any other flour at proper hydration.

Leave a comment:

• thezaman
    started a topic substituting king Arthur for caputo

substituting king Arthur for caputo

can you bake at high temperatures using king Arthur sir lancelot. i was under the impression that it will burn in a wfo over 750 degrees
Working...
X