Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theo from Little Ceasars - DEMO

Hi All Perthites...

Just to let you know that Theo of Little Ceasars will be doing a woodfired pizza baking demo at Kitchen Warehouse, Osborne Park tomorrow - Sat, 10 April. I think it runs 10:00 - 12:00 but this needs to be checked.
    / Rossco

Re: Theo from Little Ceasars - DEMO

Hey Rossco,
    If your going along, let me know how it went. Theo is coming down to my neck of the woods soon to do a demo at Kitchen Warehouse in Cockburn. I'm working all weekend so will not be able to get up that way .

Cheers
    Scott

Comment

Hi Scott - yes, I will try and get along there tomorrow so I can let you know if it is worthwile attending. Have a few other things to do tomorrow so can't guarantee I will make it over there though.

Too bad you have to work ... just think of the money you are making and all should be OK!!!
      / Rossco

Comment

Originally posted by heliman View Post
        Too bad you have to work ... just think of the money you are making and all should be OK!!!
        I agree...but it doesnt matter if I work a Monday, Sunday, day or night shift...all the same rate of pay!!! Cant really sook too much though!! Just on Kitchen Warehouse...I know with Theo going to a few stores, alot of the Pizza tools are on special too. I just got paid so guess where I'm going on Monday morning!!!!

Scott
        Last edited by scottz; 04-09-2010, 07:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Yes, I was in KW yesterday during my lunch break and noticed that they had plenty of pizza gear on special. One thing you may be interested in getting is the bargain price tomato pureeer. At $39 (down from $69). Couldn't believe my eyes and nearly bought one for doing a very quick batch of sauce when don't want to set up the KA attachment. Pizza stones kits were down to $9 which is also good value... shop till you drop on Monday!!!
          / Rossco

Comment

Update on this one...

I attended this morning and was quite impressed with the demo. It started with a dough making session (in a KA) and then proceeded with a shaping and ROLLING PIN activity. I was standing at the front so was made to ball and shape some dough. I cringed when the rolling pin was thrust into my hand and told to deal with the defenceless ball.

Anyway, the demo went on to "cook" some pre-baked pizzas from ceasars to the delight of attendees. I didn't actually try any but they looked a bit dry - an assertion supported by the fairly low dough hydration he had made. Someone in the audience said a similar thing. But, this guy knows what he is doing and definitely creates raphor with his audience. By all accounts he makes a mean pizza and he has a strong following, and the really nice thing is that he is prepared to share his knowledge with others. This is unusual for someone who has a commercial interest in maintaining secrecy.

So, overall a great experience and an enjoyable morning at Kitchen Warehouse. They had 50% off Circulon pans and I ended up struggling out of the shop with 2 new pans to add to my collection. Lifetime warranty and commercial grade so they should last a while!

I definitely recommend a visit to see Theo in action if he heads down to your neck of the woods.

PS - please excuse the poor quality pics - they were taken with the notoriously inferior camera on the iPhone.
            / Rossco

Comment

Working...
            X