Help - I want to build a pizza oven and I'm in the Canberra region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - I want to build a pizza oven and I'm in the Canberra region

I am looking to build a pizza oven and would love some advice for supplies in the canberra region.

cheers all,

Cameron

Re: Help - I want to build a pizza oven and I'm in the Canberra region

Any Canberra enthusiasts on the forum still?

Comment

not in canberra ... but 2 and 1/2 hrs away in the country

Comment

Is that a cry for help because you live in Canberra
        Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
        (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Hi Cameron and Coffee_hmmm
          welcome both of you on board.
          There have been numerous members who have contributed to the forum from Canberra, such as:
          Badkama, brett the brickie, dawngard, Mahootna, and Muscats.
          There may be more that have put their home as Australia rather than specifically a town r city.
          Do a search of these names within the forum and send each a personal message.

Cheers.

Neill
          Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
          Neill’s kitchen underway
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

LOL cry for help? Big time! Although Canberra is just like a small country town with big city amenities it can be deadly boring sometimes.

Thanks Neill will do.

Have been lurking on the forum for a while now but getting serious about the planning. Getting married in October this year, the plan is to start landscaping the backyard at the end of the year and begin the road to pizza heaven.
            Interested in finding local suppliers of materials.

Cheers Ken.

Comment

I can supply from Melbourne, 0451470371

Comment

how much would it cost me for fire blanket for a 42 inch dome sent to canowindra NSW 2804??
                cheers
                Nick

Comment

Originally posted by carneage View Post
                  how much would it cost me for fire blanket for a 42 inch dome sent to canowindra NSW 2804??
                  cheers
                  Nick
                  $75 for a blanket sizes 25mm thickx600mm widex 7.2m long ex our store plus whatever the freight co. charges. Shouldnt be much more than $50?

Comment

Hi Cameron,

how are you going with your pizza oven. i live in canberra, lyneham and am about to start building my oven. i have just laid a concrete slab and now am trying to figure out the best way to go about the oven. have you had any luck?

trev

Comment

Hey guys I live in Canberra and built a wood fired oven with my old boy last year maybe I can help, our oven turned out great so what did u want to know?

Comment

hey guys built a wood fired oven with my old boy last year in canberra maybe we can help just ask away

Comment

all good, have managed to build one now. thanks for replying. just finished insulating the dome.

Comment

Hi

Only just noticed this.

I purchased all my refractory gear from Melbourne firebrick in Dandenong. Very good prices but you need to order ahead. Also very close to Exfoliators who supply vemiculite or pearlite at the right price.

Best if you can take a one tonner or big trailer down to collect.

Come back to me if you want details or further comments.

Regards

Dave Ly

Comment

Hey Guys,

Been stalking FB for a little while pretty half arsed. Just got some funds for my oven for my 30th Birthday last week so running out of excuses. No trade experience so should be fun
                              Looking at 36" oven...

First step: Foundation... Been told that 100mm would be thick enough but plans say more like 150mm.
                              Not sure how much concrete i'll need for 2m x 1.8m slab. Was thinking of easy way out and buy premixed bags from bunnings but now thinking of corkhill Bros and mixing myself due to cost...

Any suggestions would be great. Also once slab is done any info on bricks would be good. Do I just go for Canberra reds? maybe firebricks for the cooking surface...

Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X