Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help physically building oven

hi,
    i am looking for someone in Melbourne to help me build my pizza oven. i have built the slab but i am not confident about building the dome oven. My other attempts at DIY have given my wife (and her friends) much amusement over the years. I have all the materials needed to build the oven and I can certainly help with the labouring etc...the person who was going to build it for me pulled out.
    happy to talk to anyone. my mobile number is 0419302 204
    Robert

Re: need help physically building oven

Hi Robert and welcome aboard.
    What's the problem mate, stacking a few bricks with a little easy mix mortar between them is child's play and well within your capability if you really want to. There are quite a few fellow members located in Melbourne who might however come to your rescue.I have 26 listed on my Australian members who call Melbourne home.

Good luck

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Re: need help physically building oven

I second Neill here. The build is not nearly as difficult as it first seems. I hadn't liad a brick before I started and my stand certainly shows my skill level. The dome, however, was easier for me as I used a heap of cardboard vanes to guide the brick placement. The Indespensible Tool would make it even easier.
      I recommend you give it a go yourself and see how things turn out. Worst case scenario is that you lay some bricks, aren't happy, pull them apart and have another go!
      And you get a lot more satisfaction of having built it yourself, particulalry when your friends and family gaze in admiration of your skills!
      Cheerio,
      Mark CH

Comment

Working...
      X