• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It begins

Ok time for pics more pics.

Comment

Today I finished the stand after waiting and waiting for the right day.
      It's been either to hot or to wet but today was perfect, well almost just a little shower here and there.

Almost at the fun part now.

Comment

Fine looking slab and stand.
        like the idea of the smaller multiple Bays for storage.
        If I had to build another I'd use your idea... one big space under the slab doesn't work well, you have to crawl in to stow the wood and crawl in to get it out again
        Regards
        Cobbler dave
        Measure twice
        Cut once
        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
        My Door
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
          If I had to build another I'd use your idea... one big space under the slab doesn't work well, you have to crawl in to stow the wood and crawl in to get it out again
          Regards
          Cobbler dave
          I agree with you 100%, wish there was a way to retrofit a partition in mine...
          Lee B.
          DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I am glad you used that rebar it will hold up well.
            Make sure you let it cure well before you remove the supports
            Doug I did end up using rebar as you suggested so I'll have to find another use for that mesh or perhaps another oven builder in Melbourne will like it. I will try and keep the slab wet for the first week or two and leave the supports on for at least a month.

If I had to build another I'd use your idea... one big space under the slab doesn't work well
            Thanks Dave, I spent weeks thinking about the stand and the best use of the space under it and changed my mind dozens of times. I ended up with this design so I can use the smaller two bays for easy access wood storage and the longer one will have shelves for pots and pans. I know it's not the best use of space for pots etc but I needed the extra length to accommodate peels, rake, shovel etc. I can always use a stick with a hook to push pots and pans towards the back and to fish them out again if I end up with more than I really need.

I agree with you 100%, wish there was a way to retrofit a partition in mine...
            Thanks Lburou that's what I love about forums you get to see what everyone does and then really think about what works or doesn't for your own needs. The large space was never an option as I wanted the cooking stuff outside next to the oven as space is limited in the kitchen.
            We have a large kitchen with plenty of cupboards and large pantry but does that mean we have space for extra pots and pans for the WFO, NO!. If my wife finds an empty spot she'll buy something to fill it . Because of this the WFO stuff is with the WFO and the stand had to be designed in a way that I can have the wood storage separate.

Comment

I've started a new build thread in the main forum section.
              If anyone wants to have a look it's here.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/m...gun-15347.html

Comment

Working...
              X