Bread Proofing Baskets in OZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Proofing Baskets in OZ

Just wondering if anyone knows of a supplier of proofing baskets for bread in OZ? Mainly after a few spiral bannetons but the only place I found is here Bannetons / Bread Proofing Baskets | Sourdough Companion and they are around 30 bucks a pop. Does anyone know any other places that they are available?

Thanks
    James
    Real men cook with fire
    My Oven and Fireplace Build

Re: Bread Proofing Baskets in OZ

Bimbo,
    forget about getting any cheap in aus and import them from:

Baking Supplies|Baking Baskets and Supplies|Basket|Wicker Baskets |Plastic Baskets|Linen Liners|Proofing Boards|Wood Peel

Your postage will be a as much as the baskets but half what you would pay here for the same or similar items.
    I got some from Can Corner but not exactly as I would hve liked.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

I bought some reasonably priced, German made plastic baskets last week and used them with good results. They were around $24 I think.

Got them here:

Catering Equipment, Supplies &/or Service - Bake-Quip Pty Ltd in Osborne Park

Not sure if they ship around Oz but worth checking - just send an email to Tom (address in the advert)
      / Rossco

Comment

Bimbo that site is expensive isn't it, I checked it out and they want:

Subtotal: $32.80
        Shipping: $9.50
        Subtotal excluding taxes $42.30
        GST: $3.28
        Order total: $45.58

Try this site they are based in the US and cheaper.

Bread Baking Supplies

Comment

James, Have you tried Newcastle Kitchen & Cutley on Brunker Rd? If they don't have them in stock they will get them for you. They may not be any cheaper but you won't have to pay for postage.
          Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
          (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Thanks Paul. I gave them a call and they were very helpful as usual. They can get them but supplier is out of stock and 12-16week wait cause their supplier has to order them from france. So still looking
            Real men cook with fire
            My Oven and Fireplace Build

Comment

I know this thread is little old but if anyone is still looking I thought it is worth mentioning that there is bunch of nice baskets from chines seller on ebay, I got 4 so far and they are great and very cheap, wasn't expecting much for such low price but once they got here I was surprised in a good way. feel little bad about not buying local but the prices are just too high

Comment

I got my ones from Ebay out of China and they were cheap and excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
                  I got my ones from Ebay out of China and they were cheap and excellent.
                  Yeah I bought the Chinese ones too. They are fine, come with elasticised liner. Made from rattan $20 for 2, free shipping....

2X 20cm DIA Round Bread Banneton Brotform Dougn Proofing Proving Basket Free P P | eBay

Comment

Working...
                  X