Flue anchor plate 6"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue anchor plate 6"

Can anyone help with Info on a 6" flue anchor plate.I live in Victoria,Australia.
    I really need to find a supplier as I want to keep the design consistent.

Re: Flue anchor plate 6"

Gday Bricks

I have just finished building an oven. Have had to pizza parties so far and love it.

I bought my flue from Air Diffusion in Adelaide. The flue consisted of a spiggett and about 2.2m of 150mm diametre stainless steel flue, 200mm offset, and a chinaman's cap. Cost was just over $240.

Comment

Hi Biggles,
      Thankyou so much for the info.What size and design oven did you match the 6" flue kit to.Everyone seems to be running 8' flues even on a 36" domes.From my point of veiw you will always have initial smoking when you light up but the name of the game is to keep the heat.This can vary even when you follow the formula 60.8 to 63% of internal dome height because everone may want a different opening width.I'm an old bricky and so was my father and the formula for a fireplace flue is 1/7 of the fireplace opening.I'm going to run a 6" and am sure it will suit my 38" diameter design my friend is running similar and very happy anyway happy pizza partys for the future.Bricks

Comment

Bricks

I have built a 1020mm wide dome and 510mm high. Approximately 40in wide and 2Oin internal height. My door opening is 63% of the internal dome. Dome was built using refactory bricks, 50mm (2in) of fire blanket, 125mm (5in) of vermiculite, and then a plaster cap. I have used a 150mm (6in) flue. There is a bit of smoke on start up. Once the oven starts to warm up the smoke disappears up the flue.

I am considering making a glass door for the outside of the flue camber with a 100mm (4in) gap left of the bottom to allow the oven to draw and force the smoke up the flue. I need to keep firing the oven and experiment a bit more first.

Comment

Re: Glass door

Biggles,
          Sounds like you have one of the best insulated ovens around I'm probably going to run 60mm of 135 denscrete with ss needles, 75mm of blanket followed up with 25mm of Vermiculite/Fondue mix then maybe 15mm render although i may veneer the entire oven in stone.The glass door sounds great.One thing to take into account would be the heat loss with glass as opposed to building a door out of steel that would be filled with a cut to size piece of 40mm calcium silicate board then sealed or as I have done in firework jobs fill it with vermiculite concrete.Any way its all a learning curve.
          With a glass door the radiant heat may make the door handle very hot.
          Bricks

Comment

Bricks

The glass door would be hinged and on the outer edge of the chimney chamber. I have a plug style door for the inner door ie the entrance to the dome. Still thinking about it. The advantage that I can see is that the smoke would be forced up the flue. My oven adjoins our pergola and if possible I'd like to stop the smoke on start up entering it.

Comment

Biggles,
              Now I can see what your thought is.Makes good sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bricks View Post
                Can anyone help with Info on a 6" flue anchor plate.I live in Victoria,Australia.
                I really need to find a supplier as I want to keep the design consistent.
                Polito wood fired ovens have the flue piece you are looking for, they are in Thomastown.

Comment

Working...
                X