Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth

Hi Guys & Girls

I Am considering a move to Perth this year (in fact it's almost a certainty) and it's bound to happen sooner rather than later.

2 Questions however.

1. I have already got all the bricks etc for a 42" oven - should i ship them over with the rest of the stuff (heaps of relocating the bricks onto pallets etc) versus cost, time etc?
    2. Or should i sell them here and then buy locally if possible?

Anyone in Perth care to comment?
    Or Hobart who wants to buy?

Cheers

Steve

Re: Perth

Definitely not worth shipping them over. I bought 260 bricks for 300 dollars a month ago. They were solid cream house bricks though

Comment

If you can get someone else to pay for the freight, like your employer, why not take them.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

There are heaps of places over here where you can get bricks. But like David said, if your not paying for it...why not. But if you cant, I wouldn't worry about it too much. And I know Hobart is a cool town, but it always so much more warmer here in Perth All that is left for you to do is decide if you will be a north or south of the river person.....choose carefully LOL

Comment

Originally posted by scottz View Post
          All that is left for you to do is decide if you will be a north or south of the river person.....choose carefully LOL
          Yes, i've already figured out there is 'divide'. Bit like Tassie north and south.
          1 job is in the north, 1 in the south. What will i do??????

Anyways, sill in the throws of interviewing so who knows what will happen.

So from all of that, i am assuming that i can easily purchase fire bricks and thermal insulation etc within the Perth area.

Thanks for the comments thus far.

Cheers

Steve

Comment

Hey im from Perth also, very interested on fire brick supplier in Perth?

Can anyone help out? cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by wrexter View Post
              Hey im from Perth also, very interested on fire brick supplier in Perth?

Can anyone help out? cheers.
              Hi wrexter

I'm in the midst of a build in Willetton - how far have you got with yours? Does anyone in Perth have an "indispensable tool" to lend or provide specs for?

PS: I bought bricks from the Potter's Market, O'Connor.

Regards

John
              JT
              Willetton, Perth
              Western Australia
              My build: http://woodfiredovenperth.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

If you haven't got your accommodation sorted it sounds like a lot of extra baggage to shift from house to house.

Changing jobs will probably be unsettling of 6 to 12 months with not much spare time for extra projects.

if you can sell and get most of your money back a bit of extra money may be more useful.

Comment

Perth WFO supplies. MATHEWS INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS Osborne park. Good place

Comment

Working...
                  X