Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Chit Chat

Sorry removed
    Last edited by Karangi Dude; 07-15-2013, 08:48 PM.
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...-s-48inch-oven

Re: Aussie Chit Chat

Was around 1 degrees in Perth this morning, I hate winter...

Being that cold, and wet!, means i havent had any chance to work on the pizza oven, defiantely chose a bad time of year for the project, especially considering its not covered yet either. (temporary tarp).

About 5 rings from complete.. but still yet to do the flue arch and front decorative archway.. Then have to decide how im going to make my 8inch flue become insulated in the part it goes through my polycarbonate roof?

Other than that.. its my birthday today! I'm abit sad i never got the pizza oven done.. but guess it's ready for next year.

Comment

I was supposed to build a free standing garage wall today but decided not to as they have predicted gale force winds this arvo.

No point building it twice, once is bad enough.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Yea sorry should have my name in the signature!.. Chris

I really live for the hot/warm weather, just wish i could convince the family/relatives to come with.

Comment

hi guys ive been off for a while ...been playin g in my shed ttrying to restore a eh so far the more rust i fix the more i find im up too 4 floor pans the next job on the list is two sill panels......fun times

Comment

well heres a couple i got a shell that went through the recent floods in qld off evilbay for $234 so as you could expect it needed work

the first pic is how it started with a 100 odd kilo off mud through it..

after 4 months i finaly got it into the shed i was housing a flooded family and some gear for them in my shed when i finaly got it inside and on stands i had a good look over it and worked out what i needed. The shell looked pretty honest with only 1 quarter panel being fixed before and the rest in standard paint. So far i have replaced 3 floors and have started on the forth when i noticed that the back seat support had started to rust from the inside out

well i mustnt have gotten all the mud out off there .. i more concentrated on the chassis side off things after cutting a hole in i can see its caked with mud and i will have to remake the panel

i was lucky enough to be able to find a guy who's dad used to press panels for holden back in the day and he kept the presses when holden closed down in brisbane and he was just up the road from me. The plan for now is to get the rust under control and collect parts for a year before hooking in an getting the car finished.

the plan for the car isnt fully decided yet but i am looking at going with a ls1 v8 with a 6 speed manual and big brakes all round plus having some nice bits like air and steer. the reason why i havnt gotten much further than the floor is that i need a few more tools to be able to make the panels needed ie; a panbrake to go with my english wheel i have a couple off 202's here that would be nice in there if the ls1 doesnt end up going ahead

cheers paul i'll keep posting some pics for you all to have a look

Comment

heres a few more

does anyone else on here have a project or two that isnt wfo related i'd like to see some pictures and maybe a story or two as well

cheers paul
              Last edited by bris-pizza-oven; 07-03-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bris-pizza-oven View Post
                heres a few more

does anyone else on here have a project or two that isnt wfo related i'd like to see some pictures and maybe a story or two as well

cheers paul
                I'm a bit of a rev head myself Paul. i have built up an old '67 XR Falcon for street/strip duties. 351 Clevo, C10 auto, and 9" diff. Runs 11's at HPR. Still a nice car on the roads, stall is high @4500RPM, but fun on the street. What the young blokes cant understand is when they pull up and rubberneck at the car, and then see a mid 60's driver,lol.

Comment

i kinda know how that feels...im only 35 with a couple off young kids. i lent my missus younger sister my old car to go for a drive one day not long after she got her licence her and her female freind pulled up at a servo to get a drink when she walked out there was a crowd around it and the look on there face was priceless when she opened the drivers door and hopped into a 1940 ford pickup powered by a fairly stout 350 and started up and drove away like she stole it

thats the only car i wish i still had but something had to go when i brought a house.

Comment

Ain't that a bummer when you have to sell tour prized asset to buy a house!
                    I did that very same thing 38 years ago to buy out current house block when I had to sell my ski boat. Then built and developed the house and bought another boat which got us back in our chosen activity.
                    Bought a new one after the kids arrived and built a new one with a small block 400 Chev with Borg Warner velvet drive which we still have. Used it in a ski display team for years towing up to 12 skiers and still have a permit to tow 9 with conditions.
                    In 2000, I fell in love with a clubman kit car in the UK, a stainless steel monocoque bodied 2 seater which I got put into a container together with a Dax Rush kit clubman and had it delivered later that year. Shares that were given to us from the AMP Society paid for it all which I sold at their high point, a real bonus when you see their value now.
                    I used the Robin Hood for my daughter's wedding but it let me down as we were about to take the pics, 2 of the 4 plug wires fell out of the coils which were only accessible with the alternator off.
                    It has been sitting in the shed collecting dust for the past 3 years but hoped to get registered this summer if I get my finger out.
                    I have 2 turbo motors for the Dax )a Mazda 13B turbo with 5 speed and an east west Nissan SR20 intercooled turbo with a N/S 5 speed) but the gearbox doesn't mate up so it is back to the drawing board.

Neill
                    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
                    Neill’s kitchen underway
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

theres another engine you may be interested in its the zze engine out off the corolla front wheel drive get an adapter plate made to adapt it to rear wheel drive

i have a clubman hillclimb car it wasnt a kit just an old racecar that was reshelled into a spaceframe chassis....and if i told you what it was origanly you would cry

Comment

My vehicle engineer is a fan of Toyota running gear and I also have 2 friends who own wrecking yards (1 is a specialty Toyota wrecker) but as you can tell by my chosen name, I prefer the Nissans. Apart from that, I rather like the thought or around 500 hp running in a 700Kg vehicle. Do you reckon that that will turn the heads of a mid 60's driver leaving them for dead from the lights?
                        I also have access to a load of Mitsubishi vehicle parts as the Robin Hood is running a 4G63 twin cam but normally aspirated but bolt on a turbo and and double the output without much trouble. Also looked at running a Lancer Evo 8 or 9 when one comes in. The yellow kit is the Dax as it arrived home. The chassis has been reinforced to meet the Australian Design Rules and is now double that when it arrived. The Robin Hood has had extensive chassis strengthening and is very rigid for high horsepower.
                        For the Dax, see:

Kitcars: Dax Cars the kit car manufacture of component kitcars

For those wanting to learn more about the Robin Hood, check out the Robin Hood Owners website:

Robin Hood Owners Club and Register (RHOCaR)

Cheers.

Neill
                        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
                        Neill’s kitchen underway
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Bring on summer Im frozen.

Ive got the oven going right now, got up at 7 to relight it, had it going friday to do some bread.
                          Im hooked on your pides Doug going to make a few for next weeks lunches.
                          Bacon, cheese, dried tomatoes, yum.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Ive just been reading about the proposed carbon tax the the government want to introduce and for the life of me cant see how it will reduce co2.

The good thing is that my firewood for the oven will be carbon tax free.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Neil,
                              I love your Clubman. I have lusted after one of those for years, but now I want the Suffolk SS Jaguar kit. I have currently just upgraded my recumbent LWB bicycle with a new hub motor and lithium ion 48V batteries. It is wickedly quick, pulls 48kph without touching the pedals and minus the front and rear fairings. Shall take some pics to post soon. Weather up here in T'sville is gorgeous. Just about to harvest tomatoes. It's more like a Victorian summer.
                              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X