Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Qantas.

RIP Qantas.

Another case of the 1% screwing over the 99% for corporate greed.
    Last edited by brickie in oz; 10-29-2011, 01:33 PM.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Re: RIP Qantas.

Yep....notice how the CEO got his Guzillion $ pay rise just last week

Regards Dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

I'd be interested just how many union members really support the union. The one I am in needs a kick in the tail more often then not.
      Rob

Comment

Yes, another Aussie icon trying to be taken offshore by.....an non-australian!!! Im in the MUA in Freo and it is such a reminder of what happened to to us back in 1998 with the Patricks Dispute. The funny thing is they are using the same lawers Patrick used back then. Qantas also has mislead the public and its shareholders, knowing full well that they were going to take this action before the shareholders meeting, and while they pretended to make progress at the bargining table before pulling out to show that we are the bosses and you are the workers....you jump when we tell you. Sorry, dont mean to go on, but it gets my back up, not only as a union member but as an Australian working class person who works weekends, nightshifts and public holidays and must fight for everything I get with my work while these managment types get million dollar bonuses, travel around the country and world and never do nights, weekends and holidays. I know where I would rather be at 3.15am!!! Sorry guys...had to get that out...LOL!!!

Scott

Comment

Dont apologize, if it wasnt for the unions we would all be working in a coal mine or a cotton mill at 7 years of age, and the girls would have been sold off into prostitution.

You only have to look at 3rd world countries to get the picture.

Its just another example of the 1% ruling the world for $$greed$$.
          BTW Im not a union guy.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Guys, what does this have to do with Pizza?

Comment

Problem is?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by lukenet View Post
                Guys, what does this have to do with Pizza?
                Its simple isnt it..

Having wood fired pizzas on qantas flights in the solution..

Comment

It may be the only way to get their customers back.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Doug, wood is carbon neutral.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

To be sure.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

MMMMMMM the carbon tax
                        We all know that its something that we will need to do IE reduce carbon emisions however why do we need it RIGHT NOW?

mmmm oh that right, we are broke because we have spent the 20 billion we had in surplus when Labor took over & Kev 07 spent it all & now this is the best way to get it all back real quick.
                        I love the way Julia Buzzard tells us all that its not going to hurt us.....well if thats the case then WTF is she doing introducing it? if millions are NOT going to be hurt by it, then the ones that it is going to hur are going to hurt ALOT.

Well I say this, Lets wait a few years until Businesses can reel comfortable hiring staff again, wait until people start spending again, wait until banks start lending money again (remember it was their greed that got the world into this position in the first place)

Remember this In my living memory there was only one Surplus that Labor has ever been able to make. & I am 45
                        who are these children? & why are they calling me dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Knackers View Post
                          MMMMMMM the carbon tax
                          We all know that its something that we will need to do IE reduce carbon emisions however why do we need it RIGHT NOW?

mmmm oh that right, we are broke because we have spent the 20 billion we had in surplus when Labor took over & Kev 07 spent it all & now this is the best way to get it all back real quick.
                          I love the way Julia Buzzard tells us all that its not going to hurt us.....well if thats the case then WTF is she doing introducing it? if millions are NOT going to be hurt by it, then the ones that it is going to hur are going to hurt ALOT.

Well I say this, Lets wait a few years until Businesses can reel comfortable hiring staff again, wait until people start spending again, wait until banks start lending money again (remember it was their greed that got the world into this position in the first place)

Remember this In my living memory there was only one Surplus that Labor has ever been able to make. & I am 45
                          It appears you have forgotten the Hawke-Keating government's 1989-90 surplus..

Comment

Originally posted by chidding View Post
                            It appears you have forgotten the Hawke-Keating government's 1989-90 surplus..
                            Didnt you read this part?

And they were in Government for more than one finacial year! There was only one from them from memory...
                            Labor just aint capable of doing it. their theory is...spend the surplus they inherit in the 1st term, tax the hell outa us in the next term, get booted in the 3rd term lol
                            Last edited by Knackers; 11-10-2011, 12:53 AM.
                            who are these children? & why are they calling me dad?

Comment

Working...
                            X