Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bacterium's 2nd build

Sharkey,
    that's great when a builder knows their stuff.
    Maintenance free to.

Wayne thanks my skills have gone up....... I admit I fluked the colour to some degree.
    Cheers
    Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Hi Damon,

How's the oven going? Been a while.

Cheers

Craig
      "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

Spike Milligan

"It is only impossible if you stop and think about it"
      The Pirate Captain

Comment

Originally posted by ATK406 View Post
        Hello Damon,
        I built a 42" Pompeii last summer. My interior dome height is 22.25" and my entry arch is 19.75" wide by 12.5" tall. If I were to build another oven (as you are already doing), I would make my dome height a little lower (i.e. not a true hemispherical dome).

I would target around 20". I don't know if it would make any difference, but when cooking pizza I am compelled to retain a bigger fire than I really want, to to brown the surface of my pies. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference but I wish I could bring that heat/fire closer to my floor. Everybody loves the pizza, I just wish I could get the top browned a little faster.

Just my 0.02...BTW. I also built my floor with 1'x2' Medium Duty Firebrick Tiles (2.5" thick).
        ATK, just wondering where you found your floor tiles and how much they cost? Pretty much am building same oven ,42 in. 21 in. high 20 in.door width 12.5 high, going to read rest of your posts to see if should change anything Thanks much, Wayne in Wisconsin

Comment

for browning the top of pizza - I received a tip last week. Once base is cooked and if you wish to brown the top a little more get pizza on the peel and lift and hold at ceiling height for a count of 10. remember its hotter at the top. for pies do the same unless you have many in the oven. It works a treat as I tried it on Monday.
          Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
          X