Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find good beef brisket in Melbourne

Hi guys,

Haven't been on here for a while, but I am having trouble finding good American style beef brisket in Melbourne and was wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

I would have thought some of you out there may have tried an American BBQ style brisket either in the WFO or a Webber. But having spoken to a few local butchers in the SE suburbs (I'm in Lyndhurst) I am struggling!

If anyone has tried it, your experiences and tips would also be appreciated. I am thinking of firing to pizza one day and then using the residiual heat and a smoker box the next day to get a real southern BBQ style meat cooked for a full day.

Any, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Cheers,

BEN

Re: Where to find good beef brisket in Melbourne

Try Preston market, thankfully due to the great variety of different cultures that live in the area they sell every type of meat imaginable.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Would have thought any butcher should have brisket or pot roast.

Comment

I bought a rolled brisket from the Preston market (Vietnamese butcher) and slow cooked it in the WFO, it fell apart and was amazing (but a very fatty).....

I know what you mean about american style brisket which is a solid piece of meat ( I lived in NYC for a few years). From what I understand the brisket is the fore-shank without the bone, but i am not sure what we call that in OZ. I think that this is the same as a corned beef but without the brine injection process.

I am no expert and this is all speculation, but find a good butcher and have a chat.

good luck and let us know how you go.

Cus

Comment

Working...
        X