Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caputo flour & San Marzano tomatoes in Sydney

Hi there,

wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can get these products. Noticed someone mentioned IGA in Haberfield but I haven't had any luck there.

I have tried Gem of the West bakers flour and was super impressed, if you haven't tried it, give it a go.

Mutti is the base I'm using at the moment but wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Cheers

Re: Caputo flour & San Marzano tomatoes in Sydney

quick search on google found this, this are in waterloo, sydney, contact them direct they may well sell to the public

Flours and Breads | Lario International | Fine quality artisan foods
    The build has started. 40" pompeii. With mosaic tile exterior.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=dcdb2f715c

Comment

As far as i know, the ONLY distributor of Caputo flour in all of Australia is Lario. At least he sells the smaller 1kg bags now. Regards the San Marzano's IGA at Haberfield had them when I last was there but also noticed Norton St. Grocer has started stocking them.

Comment

Great, I'll check Norton street Grocer. Have you tried the San Marsano? Why is your opinion?

Comment

I got trays of 12 cans San Marzano at IGA Haberfield some 4 months ago - about $1.39 a can. Once you've used these you won't use anything else. - great in soups spaghetti sauces etc. For pizzas I drain off the liquid (use in other sauces later) then gently mash them down by hand with a small masher - don't blend as the chopped up seeds become bitter. Add crushed garlic herbs whatever you want - spoon on your dough as normal. Fabulous flavour!

Comment

I'll check it out again, I can't wait to try it. I've been using Mutti which I think works really well. I actually tried an "uncooked sauce" for the first time on the weekend with good results. I usually cook my garlic and herbs then add the sauce and let it simmer. What's your method with the San Marzano?

Comment

I explained method in previous post. No cooking - fresh gently mashed San Marzanos, fresh crushed garlic, then whatever herbs and spices u like - mixed herbs, fresh thyme, pepper, chilli flakes?? Whatever. All cooks in the oven. Drain some of tomato can liquid off so it's not too runny when you spoon on top of your fresh dough base.

Haven't heard about M,utti flour - is it an Italian brand?

Comment

Sorry Peter, Mutti is an imported Sauce from Italy.

Comment

Working...
                X