Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forno Aus

Hi all
    First question has anyone dealt with forno Aus i have sent an email Friday morning and received no response,inquiring about an oven.

is it safe to purchase from them i was looking at the casa2g series maybe the casa2g100 would be the right size for me it seems expensive.

has anyone got one of these ovens or close to the size in aus and how are they for performance heat retention etc

i would love a brick oven but i don't have the time to make one or want to wait 3 hours or more for to get it to temp.

thanks

Re: Forno Aus

Gudday
    Most wfos take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to heat up regardless of size it seems. The size of the oven will effect your wood use .Most home bread makers will make a batch of dough in 1 1/2 hrs .....perfect timing plenty time to watch the fire and have a yarn and a beer.
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
      Gudday
      Most wfos take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to heat up regardless of size it seems. The size of the oven will effect your wood use .Most home bread makers will make a batch of dough in 1 1/2 hrs .....perfect timing plenty time to watch the fire and have a yarn and a beer.
      HAhaha sure is dave thanx for the reply

I finally got in touch with the guys from Aus yesterday seems if i send an email to them info@fornobravo.com.au it goes to the states first ??

If anyone else is emailing them use the contact info emails not the forno site email

would Be nice to hear from some Casa owners
      I have priced making my own casting etc,not to sure i can go down that road.
      time Plus materials probably works out cheaper to buy a DIY kit.

Any Advice/warnings on the ovens is appreciated

Comment

Fields Furnace Refractories in wetherill park can supply all your materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the oven man View Post
          Fields Furnace Refractories in wetherill park can supply all your materials.
          thanks johnny
          i spoke with them they were very helpful as were refractory and ceramic they are in Mulgrave <bit closer>

they all sell only the components to make my own from brick,
          brick will now not be acceptable due to weight i have had some comps done on where the oven will be used as it will be mobile as well the weight will be a lilttle too high so ill be trying to keep that under control with maybe a hebel base and steel frame.

so unless i cast my own dome etc <now the time factor comes back into it >
          i have to get a DIY oven something similar to the cass2g series something i can knock together within a weekend

still waiting on the FornoBravo guys here in Aus to give me a price etc

still no casa2g users replied here

Comment

We sell all your needs at our shop, I used to work at Ref. and Ceramic, so i know I can beat their prices. Give me a call on 0451470371 and I will be able to look after you, even can discuss a kit.

Comment

Working...
            X