Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplies Newcastle/Hunter

Hi All.

I'm wondering whether anyone has some leads for supplies, particularly fire bricks in the Newcastle/Hunter region?

For such an industrial city I reckon there must be something out there but as of yet I've drawn a blank.

Cheers, Tim

Re: Supplies Newcastle/Hunter

To answer my own question for anyone else in the area - Broadmeadow Brickyard @ $3 each

Comment

For what it's worth I had a totally unsatisfactory experience with the above mentioned on a building job which wasted a lot of my time and money (PM me if you care for details).

I note the business is no longer trading as BMBY so things might be better now but I would still recommend caution for anyone handing over their hard earned.

If anyone knows of a fire brick supplier in the Hunter region then please let me know.

Comment

Browny,

Like you I went looking for a local source of bricks & couldn't find anything.

I got my fire bricks from Field Furnace Refectories in Sydney & the delivery to Newcastle was $100. I used a local transport company, paid cash & was prepared to wait for an empty truck coming back to Newcastle.

Paul
        Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
        (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

G'day Paul
          Good to hear you still about. Even tho it's been years thanks for the idea to build an insulated door from hebel. I've been using one now for 4 years. Oven still working well I hope
          Regards dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

I'm still alive Dave! I still use my oven every couple of weeks and still get comments from the bride that she never thought that we would use the pizza oven this much. It's been 4 years since I finished it.
            Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
            (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Hi Guys

I have recovered around 5000 firebricks. They are product of Newcastle's Newbold General Refractories and I'm keen to sell them quickly at around $1 each. Check out the ad on gumtree. I'm in Jesmond, Newcastle. I would welcome any contacts or suggestions you might have.

Ben

Comment

Working...
              X