stand foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stand foundation

Hi can anyone tell me if I can build an oven under a patio on four inches of concrete in a corner.just worried about the weight
    Cheers

Re: stand foundation

Four inches of concrete on that rock hard dirt in Werribee will be just fine, the ovens weight is spread over a large area.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hi Mars

I'm in Werribee too.

I'm assuming the concrete is already there and thinking it shouldn't be a problem, but I have seen small gauge reinforcing mesh used in patios. Do you have any idea what was used. The guys on this forum use quite substantial reinforcing in their foundation up to 12mm bar.

You can reduce the weight if you are concerned by using hebel block and panel for your base structure like I have. It will substantially reduce the weight you are putting on the slab. eg. Besser blocks filled with concrete, or brick structure and then a concrete slab on top of that before your oven is started.

Happy for you to come over and check mine if you have any concern. just PM me.
      Last edited by oasiscdm; 07-06-2013, 01:04 AM.
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
        Hi Mars

I'm in Werribee too.

I'm assuming the concrete is already there and thinking it shouldn't be a problem, but I have seen small gauge reinforcing mesh used in patios. Do you have any idea what was used. The guys on this forum use quite substantial reinforcing in their foundation up to 12mm bar.

You can reduce the weight if you are concerned by using hebel block and panel for your base structure like I have. It will substantially reduce the weight you are putting on the slab. eg. Besser blocks filled with concrete, or bricks and then a concrete slab on top of that before your oven is started.

Happy for you to come over and check mine if you have any concern. just PM me.
        Even if the reo is only 6mm there will be no problem, most members on this site are in the USA and have to contend with frost heave down to 4 feet, something Im sure we dont have in Melbourne......
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
        X