Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas cheer

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS TO ALL WFO'ers.

On the eve of Christmas day, I would like to wish all a safe and happy festive season.

The WFO is fired up and at temperature, and I am attempting my first Christmas turkey in the WFO.

We are having Boston Turkey - a boned out turkey, leaving the legs and wings, stuffed and tied, with roast veg and gravy. All washed down with some lovely sparkling shiraz. (After a few homebrew Czech Pilsners whilst cooking)

The temperature is a beautiful 26degC down the hill, and a lovely 21degC here at Greenhill. Perfect.

Tomorrow is a day with the family, munching on SA Prawns, oysters & Calamari. Might even think about a fire up for pizza dinner with any leftovers.

Take Care.

Craig

PS: If you are driving home tonight, don't forget the car!!
    "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

Spike Milligan

"It is only impossible if you stop and think about it"
    The Pirate Captain

Re: Christmas cheer

Merry Christmas,

The turkey went down superbly last night. I was quite happy in how it turned out, though I think the oven was a little on the hot side (result of running around all yesterday and lighting up late!!) I perhaps could have had the oven a little cooler, mind you, everything cooked superbly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TURKEY.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	303023

Today has been a wonderful day. It is now just after 5pm, 25degC and we have had a wonderful seafood and cold meat/salad lunch. Very relaxing stress free day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LUNCH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	303024

I wish everyone to have a calm, relaxing and enjoyably safe Christmas day.

Cheers

Craig
    "All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy"

Spike Milligan

"It is only impossible if you stop and think about it"
    The Pirate Captain

Comment

Boomers WFT- great your turkey turned out well!

We had pizza last night and oven should be good for our turkey by mid day here in West Virginia. First time for us last night to make pizza for 6 people and it was a lot of fun- was cold and windy but didn't stop anyone from bringing out their pizza to watch it cook and stay close to the oven to keep warm.

Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

A belated Merry Christmas, but, an early Happy New Year to all.

Comment

Working...
        X