Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcium silicate board central qld

Hi guys

I am in the works of planning out my build of a 36" Pompeii oven in mackay. I have sourced ceramic fibre wool for the outside of the dome but I am having trouble sourcing a calcium silicate board as I want to make sure I lose minimal heat through the base just wondering where other members got theirs from??
    I am in talks with total refractory management in brisbane but am a bit worried with the postage costs.

Regards will

Re: Calcium silicate board central qld

I got mine locally in Townsville but it will all come up from the south so the Brisbane supplier will work out the same cost

Comment

Originally posted by Toomulla View Post
      I got mine locally in Townsville but it will all come up from the south so the Brisbane supplier will work out the same cost
      Can I ask where you got your board from in Townsville ? And the price ? As I will be coming through Townsville in the next week.

Cheers will

Comment

I will send the details via a private message

Comment

Have you thought of hebel. I'm using 50mm hebel from bunnings, then 75mm insulating fire bricks, then 50mm hearth bricks. I've been told calsil board can deteriorate over time, hebel on the other hand doesnt and has similar properties. Just my 2 cents.
          The build has started. 40" pompeii. With mosaic tile exterior.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=dcdb2f715c

Comment

Originally posted by BrendanLovesPizza View Post
            Have you thought of hebel. I'm using 50mm hebel from bunnings, then 75mm insulating fire bricks, then 50mm hearth bricks. I've been told calsil board can deteriorate over time, hebel on the other hand doesnt and has similar properties. Just my 2 cents.
            Hi Brendon

That is something that I will look into but I believe that I will stuggle to get get any insulating fire bricks anywhere near I am. I will have to make further enquires.

Also when you say 50mm Heath bricks I assume you are meaning fire bricks as well ?

Cheers will

Comment

Yes, 50mm Fire bricks.

What about vermiculite or perlite and cement mix for insulation?
              The build has started. 40" pompeii. With mosaic tile exterior.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=dcdb2f715c

Comment

Vermiculite or perlite mixed with cement 5:1 is about the cheapest insulation you can get, but requires thorough drying. Be on the lookout for an old electric kiln. Contact a potter, you may even be able to score one free. They use insulating firebricks.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys

Where i am at now is i have received my quote for the cal sil board and i am happy with it. but know I am wasn't sure about whether to go this route or use insulating fire bricks as Brendan has mentioned earlier in the thread.

have you guys heard of many bad experiences of people using calsil board ??
                  as all the suppliers I have contacted about insulation bricks ask me why I am not using the calsil board.

anyway I will keep researching

thanks again will

Comment

Originally posted by Will4740 View Post
                    Thanks for your help guys

Where i am at now is i have received my quote for the cal sil board and i am happy with it. but know I am wasn't sure about whether to go this route or use insulating fire bricks as Brendan has mentioned earlier in the thread.

have you guys heard of many bad experiences of people using calsil board ??
                    as all the suppliers I have contacted about insulation bricks ask me why I am not using the calsil board.

anyway I will keep researching

thanks again will
                    You have answered your own question

Comment

Hi all

I am part way through my pizza oven build - up to bench level - however in order to continue construction of the brick oven I need to track down a CalSil supplier. If anyone can point me in the right direction of a suitable supplier of CalSil sheets it would be greatly appreciated. FYI I live in Hervey Bay, QLD.

Cheers

Simon

Comment

Hello Simon

You could try TRM Qld Pty Ltd | Welcome To Our Homepage I bought my ceramic fibre blanket from them and they are quite helpful. If they don't have it I am sure they will be able to point you in the right direction.

I used vermicrete under my hearth, cheap and easy enough but still very effective.
                        Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

I agree with Greenman
                          Total Refractory Management is who I bought my calsil board from and have had a great experience with them.

Cheers Will

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                            X