Advice required - Which kit to build; Elite 850TC or FVR100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required - Which kit to build; Elite 850TC or FVR100

I need Some advice on which kit is good to build. I know it is a case of "how long is piece of string" but I think I have narrowed it down to two: Elite 850TC or Valoriani / Vessuvio FVR100. The second means I have to render it but I get a bigger oven. The Elite is more convenient (no render required) - will it perform well?

I want to do pizza, but also roasts.

Has anyone got either and can share experiences (good or bad please).

Re: Advice required - Which kit to build; Elite 850TC or FVR100

Hi. Both are excellent. My mate has the Valoriani. I personally have the 850TC on the conversion frame which I cladded up with timber.

850TC pros - Easy to build, no mess, no fuss, took me about an hour to have it set up, fired, and cooking. No render process is awesome. and very safe as the outside stays reasonable to touch - doesnt get overly hot.

850TC cons - I dont like the floor tiles. they are too small which gives just a tiny little bit off edges where every once and again the pizza peel or pizza catches. Second con, dome is just a little high for my liking, and opening just a little too big, which means when cooking pizza, I get it up to 400c, but then need to keep feeding the flame to keep the temp up otherwise it likes to drop to 330 - 350 pretty easily

Valoriani Pros - Lower dome. smaller opening. Floor is 4 pieces only. Makes for slightly better heat retention, and flame curling over your pizza for better pizza top browning. Less pizza peel catching on the floor due to less joins

Cons - you need to build a good hearth. you need to insulate, chicken wire, render, and finish off. A couple weeks process. And a little mess. And stucco skills required.

I love my 850TC. at 85cm internal its just right for a large pizza, or two mediums. (my medium is 12") Great for roasting, grilling, and baking bread. If you youtube elite wood fire pizza oven you might see my little video of mine.

Comment

And also.

Joe at Euroquip - Valoriani in Sydney is great - I have attended all his cooking courses.

And the Boys at Elite also great - Very helpfull when I was deciding in sending me info, answering questions ect.

Both suppliers provide top notch service.

Comment

JDB, I really appreciate the real life experience. It is invaluable.

I have also seen a Portugese built oven, Pizzaiolo CK100. It seems to also tick all the boxes with fully insulated top (albeit brick built rather than cast) and fully insulated concrete base. It is built and rendered and ready to cure. I have to say, great price point too.

Do you know it, or know of it?

Comment

I've seen those Portuguese ones all over eBay. They look alright. I also found the manufacturer on YouTube and showing the whole build process.

They look good in that they have a relatively low dome. Mao they should be great for pizza. I researched heaps before I bought. And I did consider the Portuguese pizza oils model but my problem is I don't have very much side access to the house to get the oven round the back, so I needed to go kit form. The only other thing I didn't like was no front landing. And that the door was attached to the oven, but otherwise the oven looks good and seems to be well built. I have no experience with the for no bravo product, but this is a for o bravo forum, and many people on here rave about their ovens. Maybe u shud also look at their kits which are available in Australia too.

Comment

I've seen the Portuguese ones on ebay and saw a YouTube video of them. They look good. But wasn't a consideration for me as I needed a kit oven as I have very tight side access to my house. They look good. But no experience using one.

If you are looking for simplicity ie. No render, no fuss. Go the elite. If you don't mind rendering, the valoriani as awesome.

This is a forno bravo forum, so why not look at a forno bravo kit also. I have no experience with them but they look very similar to valoriani

Comment

Thanks jdb. To be fair (and I don't like being too cheeky) I tried calling the FB phone number but no luck. The site has no pricing so i tried the mobile.

The Elite was my first choice because I think it looks sensational.

I went to have a look at the Pizzaioli oven today and they also had a "Brazza" version that had a black facia instead of the brick front. It's actually pretty good. Access is easy for me so I'm ok from that point of view. It also has larger and thicker floor tiles to they should heat up well, but it will take longer than the Elite. The other consideration is that it is $1200 cheaper than the Elite.

The Valriani will means quite a bit of work, and I think the Elite is the best looking oven of the lot. Pity I can't see be here in Melbourne. No one stocks it so I can't actually see it.

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. Bon appetite with yours.

Comment

I remember when researching that the Portuguese had two models and sizes. From memory the main difference was the dome height. The pizzaiolo model had a lower dome which would be better for pizza. The other model had a higher dome. Both would be good alrounders I would assume, but if pizza was the major thing it was to be used for the pizza olio model would be better.

I never saw my elite before I bought. There was no where to see it around me. I just looked at lots of photos, found some other user review, spoke a lot to the guys at elite, and decided from there. I figures the price they offered me for the oven and stand, would be too far off something like the Portuguese by the time I considered I needed a stand, or needed to build a stand, so it sorta worked out probably the same.

Comment

You're right. The Pizzaioli oven is lower (39cm). Price wise it's significantly cheaper.

Elite is $2850 plus conversion stand $300 plus delivery $200 (they may have specials from time to time that may reduce this) - approx $3000 plus conversion stand.

The Pizzaioli is $1625 and a stand is $400 from memory. I can pick it up so no delivery. I plan on building a stand which will also have the bbq with natural gas from convenience.

I have attached an image of what I'm considering.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/500...pg_350x350.jpg

I still think the Elite is best looking though.
                  Last edited by Kkcache; 06-08-2015, 01:41 AM. Reason: change of image

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X